What a difference a day makes!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 3:58 pm

Holy cow. Last night I took my first Neurotin and took my 2nd one early this morning. I feel 10000% percent better. I still feel weakness in my legs and knees still feel like they are going to explode but I can almost walk normal, albeit it very slowly, I’m not doing the penguin walk very much today. This is awesome. This is the first day in about 4 months that the pain is actually bearable! Thank goodness that I found this message board or I never would have known to ask for neurotin. I hope this isn’t just one of those “good days.” I should have gone to the beach today.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Great News, Thanks for the update…

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 4:59 pm

j…. just plan on going to the beach tomorrow!!!!:) glad to hear you are on neurontin! keep up the positive attitude!!!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 5:48 pm

What wonderful news, Jever! 🙂 I’m so happy to hear nevrontin is working for you – I don’t know where (if at all) I would have been without it, even now with my illness halted by Rituxan. The myelin-sheat and\or the nerves themselves take a veeery long time growing back, and as long as they are not healed, the pain goes on – and on – and on! If I forget one (or more!!) of the four doses (600mg x 4) I take a day, the pain is back full throttle:eek: , and it take a few hours to level out and go back to “normal”.

How much are you on now? Don’t be scared if you have to increase the dose, if you are put on a small one now, initially. The important thing is that you are as painfree as possible with as few side-effects as possible. I have never had any side-effects what-so-ever, and I have popped these pills for more than five years now.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 6:25 pm

That’s great that the Neurontin is working for you. Talk with your Neuro, there may be some flexibility in the amount you can take so you can control any new pain that may crop up. Remember to not overdo it, it’s easy to do once the Neurontin starts working for you. Take care.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 6:45 pm

Hello,
      We are all very glad to hear that you feel sooooooooo much better, that’s why we must never give up. Now you know we do have hope.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 6:55 pm

[quote=Allaug]What wonderful news, Jever! 🙂 I’m so happy to hear nevrontin is working for you – I don’t know where (if at all) I would have been without it, even now with my illness halted by Rituxan. The myelin-sheat and\or the nerves themselves take a veeery long time growing back, and as long as they are not healed, the pain goes on – and on – and on! If I forget one (or more!!) of the four doses (600mg x 4) I take a day, the pain is back full throttle:eek: , and it take a few hours to level out and go back to “normal”.

How much are you on now? Don’t be scared if you have to increase the dose, if you are put on a small one now, initially. The important thing is that you are as painfree as possible with as few side-effects as possible. I have never had any side-effects what-so-ever, and I have popped these pills for more than five years now.[/quote]
      I think he’s got me doing 3200 or 3600mg per day. I am not sure, the bottle is in another room and I’m enjoying sitting in the sun by the pool right now and am too lazy to go check. You’re right about missing a pill. I’m waiting to take my 2nd for the day b/c I want to get on a normal schedule of taking it according to my real life schedule.

The only effect I had was I was a bit dizzy this am and had some anxiety as I was falling asleep last night but nothing to concern me. Actually, let me get in my way-back-machine real quick. Oh, that’s better. Yeah, it reminded me of how I felt way back in the day when I used to enjoy smoking some herb.

I know that it’s going to take forever for nerves to grow back, if they do at all. I still have numb spots from my knee surgery 12 years ago and my appendectomy 2-3 years ago. There isn’t anything addictive about Neurontin is there? Dealing w/ staying sober is hard enough. I don’t want to add another hurdle to this race called life.

edit: I went and looked and I was a bit off on the dosage. Says they are 300mg’s a piec.e
      edit2: I took my 2nd pill for the day and I am officially high as a kite. The gal I’m staying with just asked me if I have been sneaking some drinks tonight. lol

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 6:57 pm

[quote=Jerimy]That’s great that the Neurontin is working for you. Talk with your Neuro, there may be some flexibility in the amount you can take so you can control any new pain that may crop up. Remember to not overdo it, it’s easy to do once the Neurontin starts working for you. Take care.

Jerimy[/quote]
      It was so hard to not go out and jog for the first time in 4 months this morning but I had to remind myself to keep my big butt planted fimly on the couch. I did do some laps in the pool though. That felt good being in the water again, especially w/out feeling like my feet were being bitten by pirhana’s.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 6:58 pm

[quote=codystanley]Hello,
      We are all very glad to hear that you feel sooooooooo much better, that’s why we must never give up. [B]Now you know we do have hope[/B].[/quote]
      You’re right. Now I do see how you guys have kept a positive attitude. What was it, 36 hours or so ago I posted wondering how you guys can do it. Thanks again, GBS’rs. If I wouldn’t have found this place I’d probably still be balled up in the corner like a little baby praying for death to take the pain away.,

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 10:11 pm

From what I found online, Neurontin is non-addictive. However if you ever decide to stop taking it, I know that they recommend a taper. Hang in there and if you ever need anything feel free to email me [EMAIL=”jerimyschilz@hotmail.com”]jerimyschilz@hotmail.com[/EMAIL].

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 10:32 pm

[quote=Jerimy]From what I found online, Neurontin is non-addictive. However if you ever decide to stop taking it, I know that they recommend a taper. Hang in there and if you ever need anything feel free to email me [EMAIL=”jerimyschilz@hotmail.com”]jerimyschilz@hotmail.com[/EMAIL].

Jerimy[/quote]
      Same to you man. My email is jeverks at yahoo dot com. jeverks is also my yahoo msgr. Of course I’m also one of those goobers that has a [url=http://www.myspace.com/teh_jev]myspace[/url].