Weird Sensations During Exercize

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm

The last couple of times I walked on the treadmill I got strange, freezing cold sensations throughout my arms and legs. It felt almost like the core of my body was sending out icy lightning into my extremities. I’ve never felt like that at any other time. I’m used to weird bodily sensations from my CIDP, but even so, this was especially weird. Has anyone else experienced anything similar, whether working out or not?:confused:

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2011 at 10:37 am

Do you think maybe you are having body temperature issues, like heat exhaustion or something like that? One time when I ran a 5K in really high heat and it was hilly, I got very bizarre tingling sensations all over my body and felt really strange like you describe. I stopped running and started walking. I think I was starting to go into heatstroke or heat exhaustion. With these nerve issues, you may have temperature regulation issues (autonomic) and maybe that is acting up.

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Jessica:
      You know, I never thought of that. It only happens when I work out. I don’t have any autonomic involvement of any significance that I am aware of, but it makes sense that this might be a temperature control issue.

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Hello,
      Just read your post, I have never mentioned this to my doctor, but I have to my friends cause I too thought it was too weird and my docs already think I’m
      weird. Sometimes, I would get a chill (mine, for no reason) a deep chill, on the
      inside just for a few seconds that travled through my body. After the 3 or 4 time
      it happened, I took my temp for a couple of days and it ranged from 94.6 in a.m.
      to 99.6 in evening. I also have BP that runs low too, maybe that has some-
      thing to do with it? Just a thought.

Ms. Judy

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Ms. Judy:
      That sounds very similar to the sensations I get. I am seeing my neurologist in New York City tomorrow for a follow-up. I will try to remember to mention it to him and will let you know what he says.

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2011 at 11:47 am

My BP is on the low side too, 100/60 and my temp runs low, like 97 or so. I think that this is common with autoimmune issues and if you have autonomic issues.