Weird Leg Vibration

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I’ve noticed lately that I am having a very pronounced vibration on the front of my upper right leg, right about where my front pants pocket is located. At first, I thought it was my cell phone vibrating in my pants pocket — until I remembered that I have never actually carried my cell phone in my pants pocket. I still occasionally reach into that front pants pocket to answer my cell phone when I feel the vibration, only to realize the phone is not there. The vibration occurs sometimes even when I am not wearing pants at all! Has anyone experienced anything similar?

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2011 at 7:24 am

I get the same type of feeling in several parts of my body. Across my back, top of my head, in my left ear and like you the top of my right leg just where it meets the hip. I explan these feelings as something crawling just below the skin surface. they occur very seldom maybe every three days or so and are always surprizing when they occur. Go figure!

• July 6, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I also have been having a vibration on my leg on the inner part of the theigh. I also thought it was my cell phone (i often place my phone in my lap). But when I reached for my phone it was not there. So the sensations sound very similar. Mine was happening last week off and on during the day. It has not happend this week so far so it seemed to have disappeared as quickly as it came on. This CIDP is so strange. I just don’t know what will show up next as a symptom!

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Called ‘Search’ and search for ‘fasculations’. There’s a wealth of info here and all thru the net about this issue.
      It’s disturbing and uncomfortable and scary. But, it can be managed-just know it’s not an overnite thing? It usually takes about a month for it to work.
      Good luck and it’s a key aspect for diagnosis of what we have.
      Keep faith in yourself and don’t give up.

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2012 at 12:58 am

When I have my cell phone on vibrate I cannot tell when it goes off – in the front pocket or the back, I still can’t tell. While I was on a regular schedule of IVIG infusions, and after almost 9 months of that schedule, I could feel the cell phone. I have been off a regular schedule since before Thanksgiving and guess what? Cell phone madness is back in both legs – along with the shooting stars (electric jolts), the cement leggings (heaviness in my legs), the poison ivy (I feel like I have little glass shards inside my veins that are painfully and terribly itchy). Sound like fun? I wouldn’t wish this on anyone – not a single bedeviled soul. 2 3/4 years later I am sliding backward towards that awful start; ugg!
      Neurologist is now looking at Plasmapharesis for me…. from the research and info found on this forum, I am hopeful it will re-set my immune system to accept IVIG again or enable my body to try another medication.
      ***Who needs cell phones ringing all night long? NOT ME! 🙂