Weather and Pain!

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 10:53 am

I live in North Texas…the low this morning was 15 degrees…some of you who live in the northern climates probably are chuckling that I am even mentioning it. In Texas…this is cold…and the cold is causing some serious pain. I diagnosed in Sept 06 with gbs. Been making great progress, but the cold causes pain and numbness…I coach high school baseball and it has been rough. Anybody have any suggestions about getting through this?

Danny

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 2:25 pm

Hi Danny, welcome to the family. the best thing i can tell you is to dress in layers, loose fitting, cotton wicking type clothing underneath, extra thick hunting style socks and for outdoor time look into hunting hand warmers and foot warmers. construction clothing is also good. i wear thermals all the time-indoors/outdoors. this may sound weird, but i am warmer outside versus inside-i don’t know why but i am-except when the windchill is below -10.:eek: i can’t feel temperature on my skin, i have to rely on others to tell me i’m cold or warm, so i enjoy being outside in the cold and snow! prior to gbs (8/05) i had the cold hands/feet stuff going on. life is strange and interesting!
      are you taking neurontin or lyrica for pain control? if you are what dose?
      take care and keep warm! go to your happy place, in your mind…white sand, blue water lapping at your toes, and 80 degrees.:)

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 2:42 pm

I tried both of those, but the buzz factor for them was not good. I am taking Norco and Trileptal…they are working good…just when it gets this cold nothing works…I am ready for summer!!!

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Danny,

I havent found anything that really helps me with the cold. The only thing that does get me warm though is a warm bath or shower. My feet are hit the hardest and then it seems to seep into my bones, which becomes painfull. For my feet, I have slipper ‘like’ footwarmers that are heated up in the micorwave (they have rice or whatever it is in them). My face, specifically my nose, is also effected rather badly. Often I curl up under the duvet with everything warm, besides my feet and nose. Sorry no help there, only some suggestions.

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 2:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions…when it gets cold the pain starts and my movement is not too swift…kind of hard to get out of the way of line drives down first base line! I hate not being the man I used to be…I am getting better, but it is soooooo sloooooooow!

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 3:25 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ I know what you mean about not being the man you used to be, in my case woman. Wasnt going to put the last part in there, but it did sound rather strange about me knowing what man you used to be. Aaaah well, I guess I should close my mouth before I put my other foot into it. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Well I just had my laugh for the day! Thanks for that…I needed it!

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 5:50 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Ali you are so funny!:p

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 7:21 pm

[IMG]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MG/143389~Baby-Take-a-Bow-Posters.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 7:47 pm

Applause!!!!!

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 8:27 am

Ok…you two are cracking me up! And I need that today…I think I am coming down with the flu…

Still Smiling!
      Danny

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Danny take care of yourself!

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2007 at 1:02 am

Danny,
      It was 60 degrees here today,so maybe Spring is here.Sure hope you’re feeling better.I think we’re going to have thunderstorms this weekend…rain makes me ache too.

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2007 at 11:27 am

Hi Danny

Welcome. Just a few minutes back, I posted one reply on similar lines in another thread viz. poor circulation.

It seems that weather make a lot of fluctuation in our body having GBS.

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2007 at 11:48 am

It’s mid seventies in Charleston today. Just pack your bags and come on over!