Way to go Kelvin!

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 9:12 am

Guillian Barre Syndrome

Link: http://www.northernstar.com.au/localsport/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3705176&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=Bowls, no boundaries
      The Northern Star – Lismore,New South Wales,Australia
      … like 37-year-old Kelvin Kerkow who bowls off a walking stick he has used ever since his legs were disabled by the paralysing Guillian Barre Syndrome when he was 13,

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 9:57 am

Way cool! Looks like an Australian version of Bocce

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 11:08 pm

It’s Lawn Bowls – dont you have that over there? Normally the oldies play it dressed in all white!

Gee it makes me so thankful to know I am able to walk unaided so soon after when i see and hear so many people who are still having difficulty years down the track. i wish everyone could have such a good recovery, makes me feel a bit guilty although i know no one would begrudge me.

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 10:26 am

You go, Kevin! Wearing proper Univ of Oregon colors. Go Ducks!!
      Any other Duck GBSers our there?

VMac

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 3:26 pm

Dear Vmac:

I am a Duck fan. What other choice do we have? The jailblazers? I even attended the U of O for a short time. The kick-off is in 10 minutes so I gotta go.

Lee

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2006 at 10:00 am

Lee,

Great game. I got to see part of it. Can’t stand any basketball, especially the Blazers. Was at Kells last night. A bunch of Rugby players were there. Think we’ll go to a Rugby Match in PDX some Saturday. We played shinty in the afternoon. Hard on an old wreck like me, but fun.