warning from neuropathy association

• February 25, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Today I recvd. an e-mail from the neurop. assoc. and it was in regards to a new study that was warning against the use of quinine for muscle cramping as there are serious side affects, if interested in details you can refer to the neurop assoc press relaease. They give some pretty good tips often that come via e-mail. Anything from alerts, new reasearch to assistance in getting disabled plackards.

• February 26, 2010 at 9:02 am

Thanks for giving us a heads up Dawn.

How did you get set up to receive alerts from the neurop assoc?

• February 26, 2010 at 9:45 am

I was googling things on the computer one day and it just casme up. I went to the site and you could register to have their news letter and alerts sent to you via e-mail.

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2010 at 12:23 am

I have never tried quinine for my muscle cramps (hands will even just lock up at times), but I do find a tsp. of regular mustard works wonders, especially when the thighs are cramping like mad. Thanks for the warning…

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I am on their mailing list and got an email from them. Thanks for being with it to post it here! (I’ve been very busy with new job.)

• February 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I too, get e-mails from the Neuropathy Association. Thanks Dawn for thinking to post important information here.

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Thank for the info. My wife has been using it for cramp for a while. We are going to check it out.

I use to use it, but I alway mixed gin with it :rolleyes: [that was many, many year ago in land far far way]

• Anonymous
      March 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Pam –

Mustard for cramping? Is that regular yellow mustard like you put on a sandwitch, or mustard powder like from a spice can? Does it really work? My hands cramp up horribly in the morning and it is very painful to upcramp them.

Cathie

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2010 at 9:55 pm

give this a try for hand cramping: tonic water with quinine…8oz glass at night before bed. my husband had cancer and his hands cramped up unbelievably esp. at night. his oncologist said that quinine has horrible side effects so instead she suggested the tonic water. it took a few weeks get going but it worked insofar as the cramping was less severe and happened less often.