Veterans on here?

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2010 at 1:14 pm

If you are a veteran and have CIPD OR GBS I would love to hear from you. I am a vet of the GULF WAR and would like to know your story.

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Gemcutter, veteran of the Viet Nam War (police action for our politicians). Lots of stories accomplied by bad memories. Diagnosed with GBS in March of this year.

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I served in Nam and Desert Strom [electronic, flight line and things that go bang]. After total of 25 years in the Air Force before I found that my mouth was starting to write checks my body couldn’t pay. I Finally retired in 1992.

My lower legs slowly became discolored and my balance also slowly deteriorated. Next, starting with both big toes, the foot went numb.

I didn’t start seeking medical help until 1998. It took until 2005 to finally come up with a diagnoses of CIDP. I’ve been in a IVIg regiment ever since [now every 4 weeks]. The progress has slowed somewhat. My hands are now effected and it has spread further up my legs. I more fatigued and the pain level is higher. On the positive side, I have retired so my life is less demanding. I have more time to smell the roses. I just a pain in the … to stand back up 😀

• May 28, 2017 at 3:54 am

I’m a vet of the Gulf War. While there I was all over Saudi Arabia, Southern Iraq and Kuwait. All of the soldiers in my unit were given the Anthrax invaccination and we’re ordered to take PB pills. Just after the ground war started we moved to southern Kuwait City. The oil wells were still burning. Most days the sun never came out. In 1987 I injured my back and had some minor pain. In 1988 the pain began to get worse and worse. I began seeing a Nuerosurgon and a Orthopedic surgeon. A year after I retired I was diagnosed with CIDP.