US states

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2007 at 2:52 am

anyone live in one of the 12 states that has medical weed?? if so, have you tried it?? good results with nerve pain??
      hard to get a doc to sign off on the script??
      i have had two neuro docs tell me off the record that a lil pot wont hurt me, espcially if it helps the pain and i can be more productive during those times.
      now a days there are vaporizers for pot, so you only inhale the myst from the active chemical, so you have no damages related to smoking. makes me feel like a criminal to use a natural herb to increase my quality of life. i’m living in one of the last states that will probably pass such a law.
      anyone out there have past experience with lobbying to pass medical marijuana laws??

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2007 at 3:30 am

Hi.

Most CIDPers I’ve talked to who have tried cannabis say it really doesn’t help with the pain itself (which would make sense, since cannabis affects the central nervous system and ours is peripheral nerve pain). However, they do say that it makes the pain easier to bear. 😀

It always strikes me as strange that here in the UK doctors can prescribe morphine and opiates but not cannabis.

Deb
      London

• August 2, 2007 at 8:19 am

Flower,
      Washington has the medical Marijuana and has ads in some of the weekly free papers. If you’re interested I can private message you the web site. I’ve never tried it for the pain, haven’t tried it since my rebellous teen years when it just gave me a headache and I went to bed. Had considered smoking it when the nausea was so bad but never got around to it. I wouldn’t know where to get any at this point in life,lol.
      Pattie