urinarytract infections

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2007 at 2:52 pm

Can anyone out there relate to the fact that 2 months after the catheder has been removed that these infections still seem to be flaring up? 7 1/2 months since dx and in a rehab facility, making great progess, but am concerned about the infections.

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Hi

I had UTI’s and was told that my bladder muscles were weak from the CIDP.
      I saw a holistic doctor and she said to get the cranberry extract pill from
      the vitamin store. It works…don’t drink the juice, you can’t get enough of
      it to work.

If you are female after cleaning from BM’s use a baby wipe cloth…the muscle
      in the rear daily releases moisture and mucus that gets on the underwear
      and shifts to the bladder.

I haven’t had one since…good luck

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2007 at 6:57 pm

I agree – use the capsules of cranberry juice extract….I read that the juice has a lot of sugar in it and this defeats the prupose..the bacteria like sugar.

I buy WET ONES FRESh ‘N FLUSH……it is alcohol free and contains witch hazel, aloe and vitamin E. It comes in a light blue plastic container. There is a tall container also labeled Wet Ones but that contains propylene glycol…I stay away from that. Cr. Mehmet OZ recommended this on Oprah.

I take vitamin C daily and that keeps the urine acidic enough that I rarely have to use the cranberry capsules, but I keep a bottle in my cupboard just in case!