Update about Connor

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2009 at 9:59 am

We went to the pediatric nuero yesterday. I wasnt sure how to feel about this guy at first but soon learned he was very good at what he does. He is a much older Dr than I’d imagined but very good with kids.

As Connor and I waited, he found a shiny penny on the floor…all shiny pennies come from Heaven, from his Nana. He later told me that it must have been for good luck. I wish you could all see his eyes light up when he finds these pennies. I dont know where that penny came from, but, I can tell you-his Nana was there with us.

The Dr did a very thorough exam, first asking alot of questions, and then the physical exam.

Connor [B]HAS[/B] reflexes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

There was no indication of neurological issues whatsoever.

I guess the reason Connor is difficult to find reflexes on is b/c he is majorly double jointed…which I never really noticed before. Also b/c of this, his muscles and tendons all work harder to work properly b/c they are so “loose”.
      This is probably why he walks on his tip toes and his heel cords have tightened so b/c of it.

He said the reflexes in his arms are much harder to find but I saw the legs jump…I saw with my own eyes. You can imagine the tears that filled my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. The dr probably thought I was nuts. I WAS nuts all this time we’ve had to wait…the relief is incredible.

He told me to take care of me…that I have an incredible burden all on my own..so I got the sense that he knew a bit about CIDP. When he asked why the cane, I told him that I have CIDP and he wrote it down and while doing so, said the words that each letter stands for. Helped me to know he knew that..I’m so used to dr’s saying , “huh?” But, obviously, this dr is a Neuro. He asked how long I’ve had it and who is treating me. He knew my Dr and said I’m in good hands.

I know he could tell that he made my day. He was happy to say Connor is a good, strong, thriving boy.

We are going to continue with the ORTHO dr to see what we can do about his extremely tight heel cords and rest easy that he doesnt have what I do.
      We still have to stretch daily and are done with PT. Cant believe it’s been 6 weeks now.

I still dont want him to have AFO’s or surgery -I’d really hate for him to have to do either…but it’ so much better than the life sentence of CIDP….or CMT.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers for my son….and, me. I can handle CIDP ( ah, yes, we all know how well I do, right ? ha ! )…it would have absolutely crushed me if he’d have had it, too.

I feel like someone has lifted the pillow off of my face and I’m slowly starting to breathe again.

As my Mom always told me, We’ll get thru this…

thank you again.
      Have a great weekend everyone,
      Stacey

• July 31, 2009 at 11:20 am

Hooray And Whoopee!

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Glad to hear Connor is OK. This news should definitely help your stress level too. Prayers do get answered! Great news, thanks for sharing!

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Ah Stacey! That deserves a big woohoo and huge hugs! God’s blessings today, eh? With Nana’s help!

God bless you and Connor and your family!

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2009 at 7:35 pm

Stacy,

I’m so glad to hear your news and I’m so glad you shared it with all us – one thing for certain about this forum, we LOVE to celebrate other’s good news!!!!

You and Connor will remain in my prayers!

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2009 at 1:04 am

Stacey,

Some prayers do get answered.

There might be a great “teaching moment” here.

Have you and Connor tried yoga? Maybe Hubby and other kids as well? It might be something that you could all do together and benefit everybody. If they like more movement you could try Thai Chi (sp?) They would help everyone tone and stay flexible.

I like the idea. I might try to convince MY wife. Maybe we can get some time together.

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2009 at 9:37 am

Hi Stacey,
      That’s great news–at least that’s “one monkey off your back”!
      With the heat of the summer bearing down on us CIDP’ers, the worst time of the year, to add stress to it makes it even more worse. Hopefully, some of your stress is now relieved.
      Now, to relieve some more stress, why not start using that cane of yours on the backsides of your co-workers who make fun of you–now THAT would be another great stress reliever…LOL!
      KEDASO
      (Ken)

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2009 at 1:58 pm

yeah!!!YEAH!!!
      enjoy your weekend!

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2009 at 12:12 am

Ahh, Thanks guys!!!! Yes, I am majorly relieved as one huge worry was lifted.

Dick, I did do yoga before…I loved it ! I wasnt real good at first but it wasnt so much about being the best, it was all about the relaxation to me. Yes, I’d love to do that ! I’m going to look into it. My hubby doing it tho ? Um, he’s real tall and not so flexible. Might be quite entertaining to just try. :p

As for the cane at work, Ken…they are getting used to seeing me now and I think some of the chatter has stopped but they did start a rumor about me having to go on disability. No way…I have ten years and 11 months to go until I can get full benefits out of them…and I’ll only be 50. By God’s grace, I’ll make it and never give any of those people the satisfaction of thinking they ever really had a clue about me.

Thank you all for your unlimited support…for myself, my son and my family. It means so much.

Blessings,
      Stacey

PS…I just remembered something about when I was doing yoga…I was so stress free, I got pregnant !

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Hey Stacey,
      congrats on connor and you keep up the good work. I’m thinking the yoga would be a great idea for you and who knows we might be hearing about a new yoga baby on the way..(tee hee). Keep us posted and hugs to you and your family.