Unimaginable

• November 5, 2007 at 5:10 pm

!
      sorry no info

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Dawn 🙁
      My dear friend, please call me if you want to talk. I dont want to call in case you are not up to speaking or have other issues going on. I wish I could say something that could magically take all the pain away, all I can say is that I am thinking and praying for you both!

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 6:25 pm

Oh, girlfriend, I read and don’t always post a reply but what a day….

I hear you and you are NOT over the edge, you are a great Mom and it breaks your heart to witness this for him.

Vent anytime.

Natalie Bauleke
      Abby’s Mom

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Hang in there both of you and keep the port accessed until all the days of the treatment are done. The swelling is because it is new and he just had surgery to place it. It really should be worlds easier next time. Keep up hope, this port is destined to be a blessing!!!

With Hope

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Dawn-Good For You Hun!!! You are only doing what a Great Mom would do! I’m thinking and Praying for the 2 of You. My fingers are crossed for Kevie, he is such a Brave Young Man! It will get better with the port, give it time to heal and hopefully the nurse will take her time and actually feel where to stick the needle in. Big Hugs!

Kevie, You Are Such An AWESOME KID!!!:cool: and You Have The Coolest Mom!!:)

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 10:40 pm

Kevie: I am so sorry you have been having such a horrible rotten no-good time with all this. I hate that anybody has to ever go through what you are going through, especially any kids. My daughter has had a bad time with GBS and was in a wheelchair for a long time. She’s finally getting a lot better now and can walk a little. When we didn’t know when she would get better, it was so awful. For her, especially!

And I hated her going through things that I couldn’t fix, and it sometimes made me really upset. Moms want to make things all better for their kids. So if your mom ever gets worried or cries, that is normal. She gets upset because she loves you so much, she doesn’t want you to hurt. You and your mom and family are in this together, and even though it gets really really bad sometimes, it WILL get better. You have a lot of people thinking of you and praying for you.

I hope you start to feel better very soon.
      Cincymom

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 10:45 pm

You are one great mom! You are holding so much together. I can’t even imagine.

May tomorrow be much better!

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 11:01 pm

Dawn
      I am so sorry it was so hard for him this first time. He must have had a lot more welling then Kendal did with his first access. He said to tell your son to hang in there it will get better! He is right I have seen my son in ICU too many times and he always says it will get better mom and he is right he always did. He asked his church youth group to pray for Kevie and they are keeping him in their prayers. Things will get better. Hope you didn’t break your knuckle that hurts beenthere done that a few times because of my mother. Anyway our thoughts are with you both.
      Jody

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 12:21 am

My goodness! I’m so sorry that Kevin’s IVIG continues to be problematic, if not traumatic. I hope he’s feeling better now that he’s had it.

Again, I want to reiterate that I have the WORST veins (I am literally legend at my infusion company) and, through some changes in diet, things have really turned around. Try to make sure Kevin has his 60 oz of water (or gatorade, especially gatorade) in the day preceding the infusion as well has high amounts of protien and sugar. It opens the veins and makes them more accessable. Eggs, lentils, and milkshakes works wonders, I swear.

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 7:44 am

Dawn,

I cant believe all the probs you guys continue to have. You and I have so much in common when it comes to one thing after the next being a disaster. You get your hopes up and then get let down. Have faith…this port has GOT to work…things just MUST get easier for you two.

big hugs to you both.

Stacey