Trigger Thumbs

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Have any of you had problems with “trigger thumb?” I fell out of my power chair in Florida, and hurt my hands. I have had this trigger thumb in my left and right thumbs; now it’s in my left again. I have had corizone shots in them each time. Any suggestions so I can avoid surgery?

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I have a similar problem and have run out options. I’m scheduled for a slice and dice next month. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Carolyn say my trigger finger is the result of me shooting my mouth off.:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2011 at 12:53 am

That is so funny! But it is wierd there was only you and I so far with this. First, it was my right, then my left, then my left and now my right and left. Tired of getting cortizone shots. I may have to have the surgery too. But one of my neuros said there isn’t that great of long term success with surgery. What has your doc said?

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2011 at 10:54 am

I’ve had ‘trigger thumb’ in both thumbs starting this summer. Where the outside of the thumb joins the wrist, the nerve or tendon would pulsate every few seconds, causing the thumb to jerk. This was worse during the period of time my hands were getting worse with swelling and cramping.
      But I’ve been doing more hand and finger exercises & stretches ever since, and the ‘trigger thumb’ problems have lessened greatly. Just occasionally now.