Tremor Feeling in neck

• June 14, 2011 at 9:26 am

I have a question. I was diagnosed with CIDP earlier this year. I have had three rounds of IVIG so far. I am feeling pretty good all around except that I have this one symptom that I don’t understand if it is normal. When i lay down for bed or a nap my neck and head feels like it is buzzing or maybe a slight tremor. Almost like I injested a lot of caffine. It doesn’t hurt but it is annoying to say the least. Is this a symptom of the CIDP or a side effect of the IVIG? It comes and goes or at least I don’t really notice it when I am up and around for the day. But at night when I lay down my neck feels ‘buzzy’ when I lay it on the pillow. This is leading to anxiety at night. Having a hard time falling asleep because I am so worried. Also my feet and hands feel almost normal during the day but when I lay down for sleep they too start to twitch a little bit and vibrate. This usually subsides about 10 or 15 minutes after I lay down. Is this because I have been on my feel all day and now that I have taken the weight off them they are recouperating from the day. This is still all so new to me. Anyone have similar symptoms with their CIDP?

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I get (or used to get) the same feelings in my feet and leg muscles. I say used to- because since I’ve been off the IVIG treatment those sensations have stopped. I described it to my doc as a cat purring– not really muscle twitches, just a vibration of sorts. And they would go on forever. Good luck with your treatments, I didn’t respond to them so I’m back to having more tests, bloodwork etc.

• June 15, 2011 at 8:36 am

I wonder if maybe it isn’t so much the CIDP but a side effect of the IVIG? I am keeping a log to see if the vibration feeling gets worse after IVIG treatment or if it is always even weeks after my IVIG treatment. I feel good today. The vibrations are very minor and almost gone. I am about a week past my IVIG treatment. I usually start to feel really good after one week past and continue to feel good for about two (or three if I am lucky) weeks. But I have only had my loading IVIG and then two other treatments since diagnosed with CIDP so I have not had enough treatments to see any patterns in symptoms or side effects.