Toddler making good recovery

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Hi, I’m new to this forum.
      My 21 month old daughter was diagnosed with GBS about 2 months ago. She spent 4 weeks in hospital then was allowed home. When she came home she couldn’t bear to be touched or held, and her movement was restricted to rolling around the floor.
      In the last 5 weeks she has learned to sit up on her own and she can now crawl quite confidently.
      She will be 2 next month, she walked on her first birthday but unlikely that she will be walking on her second!
      I wanted to post this message incase there are other parents out there with little ones with this frightening illness. Things were awful when she was in hospital but now we are hopeful that she will be back on her feet before too long.

Pingu
      Parent of a child with GBS
      England

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 8:49 pm

hi pingu & welcome,

in case it applies consider me pinged. glad to hear your young daughter is making such a good recovery. expect much more. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 6:22 am

Glad to hear your daughter is improving, it all gets better with time. Good luck and stay strong. God bless all of you. Maybe by summer she’ll be up and walking again. Our prayers will be with you.:D

• Anonymous
      April 24, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Thanks for your messages

Progress since I last posted has been much slower, she is trying to take weight on her feet but finding it quite difficult.
      Still hope she’s walking again before the summer’s out though
      Corinne
      xx

ps Pingu is the name of our cat!

• April 26, 2007 at 7:09 pm

She will walk soon…have faith in that. It may take her a month or two or three, but it will happen 🙂

Prayers!

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2007 at 6:52 am

She took a few steps last week, and of all places – in Church!

Prayers answered!

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2007 at 7:14 am

Hi Pingu

Thanks for sharing your little ones story. I can’t even begin to imagine how a baby or toddler can be afflicted with this awful syndrome. Life just ain’t fair sometimes.

What a little battler though, it’s really nice to hear the progress she is making and kids are so resilient – before you know it she’ll be up and about in no time. Keep smiling 🙂