Today’s the Day…

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 11:35 am

Thank you all for your help. Good luck in your trials.

Elmo

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 11:44 am

thoughts and prayers…best wishes today.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 11:44 am

Good luck, I hope you get some answers

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm

[QUOTE=Harryb]Good luck, I hope you get some answers[/QUOTE]

[B][I]I’ll second that !![/I][/B]

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Good luck! This neuro better be good if you had to wait 3 months for an appt. 😉

• February 25, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Elmo,
      I AM the praying sort so prayers and thoughts sent your way! Keep us updated!

• February 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Elmo,

May our God, who IS in the miracle business, give your neurologist a listening ear, wisdom, discernment, and empathy. Father, may Elmo’s neuro correctly and quickly diagnose Elmo’s condition and begin the right course of treatment. May Elmo’s treatments work quickly and may he recovery fully.

Let us know how it turns out …

Gary

• February 25, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Being “the praying sort” I second all above.

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 4:13 pm

[QUOTE=Rocky36][B][I]I’ll second that !![/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Third!

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 5:14 pm

You have been in my prayers today. Hopefully you got some answers. Let us know.

• February 25, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Hi Elmo,
      My prayers, positive thoughts and best wishes are headed your way.
      Sometimes just a small miracle will happen for you. It doesn’t always have to be a great big one. God bless you!

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Thanks to all for your prayers and well-wishes. To be honest, I’m not sure how I feel about my appointment yesterday.
      I have to say that I DID get some of what I wanted…a doctor who seemed to listen (pretty well), and who did a couple of EMG’s herself right then.
      But, based on her interpretation of everything to date, I don’t meet the criteria for CIDP. She said that while my velocities, f-waves, and reflexes are “weak”, they are there and within normal limits. She said that she would expect someone of my size to have stronger or “beefier” responses, but they ARE within normal limits. It took her a lot of time to get reflex responses, and she had to shock me as many as 20 times to get the readings she was looking for.
      She ordered additional bloodwork to test for Sjogren’s and to see if I have protein in my blood.
      Suggested I see another neuro, who specializes in skin punches and “small fiber neuropathy”.
      In the end, she felt that I have a peripheral neuropathy of the common type, which, according to her, cannot be attributed in 80% of cases.
      So, I don’t know. Guess I wait for it to either get worse, or just learn to “live with it”.

Elmo

• February 26, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Elmo,
      I sent you a pm

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Elmo,

I had 2 tests to check for small fiber neuropathy, a sweat test and skin biopsy. (mine were negative). They were checking this because they thought that I had autonomic involvement (dry mouth, lightheadedness, GI problems, etc). You can read up on small fiber neuropathy to see if you should have the tests. They are not bad at all. I am still without a diagnosis. My neuro actually said, “I don’t have an explanation for your symptoms,” which is an exact quote from her email. Very encouraging. 😉