Thyroid Cysts And Cidp Symptoms

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Can a thyroid cyst cause symptoms like CIDP? Should I be terrified?

This may be a Stupid question. But this really has thrown me for a loop. had a MRI monday at 4pm and usually takes over a week to get results. got them this morning and I am having an ultrasound friday at three. FYI my hospital is really slow at everything so these results and the next test being so fast is a mind blowning experiance. thanks in advance sorry I am just being a baby

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2006 at 5:33 pm

I’m not sure. However every time they assign us to a new GP[ teaching hospital] the first thing the kid wants to do is to check my thyroid ๐Ÿ˜€ . I guess there must be some things in common between CIDP symptoms and thyroid problem symptoms. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Our hosital is the same way. However every once in a while they mix up the paper work and schedule a test right a way.:eek:

Don’t panic. Remember they are still practicing medicine. They haven’t got it perfect yet.;) You will be in my prayers along with everyone else on this site

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2006 at 11:49 pm

Hello,
      I don’t know anything about thyroid cysts, but I do have a thyroid disorder. It’s okay if I take my thyroid medication on a daily basis and have a blood test to check at least twice a year, so I don’t worry about it. But, when my CIDP symptoms were in the very early stages, I didn’t know that anything like CIDP was wrong with me because the thyroid symptoms I used to experience were very much like CIDP symptoms. With the thyroid I’d get numbness and tingling in fingers, hand tremors and legs so weak I’d have to pull myself up steps.

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:57 am

Thank you so much for you kind words and advice they are very helpful. DOC DAVID said that there are NO symptoms the same as cidp. I feel like I am on this journey and that sometimes it is in a spook house and I cannot get off the ride. I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel though so I guess there are brighter days ahead. I will keep everyone posted on the thyroid issues and I am very blessed to have found all of you!!

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 12:50 pm

well as I have said berfore my hospital did not let me down.. I went in and got my thyroid ultrasound today there is a 1inch approx. growth in my right side.. as I went in to my appointment the person doing the ultra sound was talking and I told her that I could feel it because it felt like it was pushing on my pipes( for lack of better words) and was showing her it was on the right side. immediatly she looked at me like I was stupid and said NO it is on your left side. so trying really hard to keep my short fused temper in check I just smiled at her and said oh I am sure you are right I think that this feeling here is just me being para noid.

she then proceeded and put the gel on and started looking around on the left side. she said that my thyroid was very uneven and that there were many little goiters/cysts on there but none of them were big enough to cause concern.

so I said just for giggles can we check the right side too to see what is going on and so I dont have to do this again anytime soon. Being so sure of herself she agreed. she went to the right side and as my husband says her mouth dropped open so wide that you could shove a whole piece of pizza in it and it wouldnt fill it. lol there it was on the right side like I had told her. she measured it and her conversation went from goiters and cysts to thyroid cancer. ok I can handle that word but my husband cannot. he is terrified of the word itself. my husband now in panic mode threw out many questions to get answers all she could say was if I were to get cancer or choose one that would be th one that I choose!! c’mon we havent even gotten that far. we havent taken the hot cold test yet and we havent even biopsied it yet lets get real that was just rude…

as refere to before my hospital takes forever here to move forward now that we did this test on firday It wont be until monday for the doctor to see and another week to get the next tests lined up. I only went to my local hospital because it is so far to drive to the other and my husband has to take off work all day instead of an hour. I have kept my nueroligist in the loop as soon as I know something she is given the news via voicemail from me…

I would like to thank you all for letting me vent and for being there for me…

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 2:35 pm

I know the growth isnt something to laugh at, but I did enjoy the the way you told the story, ๐Ÿ˜‰ I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see her face!
      Thank you for sharing the experience, and keep us all updated on any news. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers.

• Anonymous
      November 22, 2006 at 4:01 pm

I am going to have a RNI tes on the 11th and 12th. uptake. Will this test have an effect on CIDP? I know that it is radioactive iodine but I do not want to make my self worse off due to this test?? HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 9:28 am

hey nf, glad you have the test scheduled fairly quickly. the only way your going to know if it will have an affect on your system/body is to do it. i have soo many reactions to meds and radio-active injects, it is always a possibility there will be a reaction. one doesn’t know until the procedure is underway. make sure you let them know your history and speak up if you have any strange feelings after the injection, even if you think it may be nothing. if you have any allergies make sure they are aware of them. keep us updated. your in my thoughts and prayers. take care:)

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 4:01 pm

we the nodule is cold now we have to do a FNA to see if is cancer it sure does hurt.i didnt think that Icould
      get scared again like I did when in the hospital with gbs/cidp. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I was wrong!!! thank yopu all so much for your help and support will continue to keep you up dated!

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 10:55 pm

Will be doing a biopsy wednesday the 20th i am glad they didnt wait too long they waited just a little over a week!!!:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 3:29 pm

Biopsy Is Over Now Have To Wait 48 Hours For Results. That Was Very Uncomfortable And Painful But What Dont Kill Us Makes Us Stronger I Must Be Getting Stronger Ha Ha