Throat problems

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2006 at 11:21 pm

My boyfriends son had a severe case of GBS about 2 years ago, he had a the tach in for about 2 month. He was not able to come home for about 8 months. The problem he is dealing with right now is he is coughing all the time it is like he is choking. I am have been looking into laser for scar tissue but I cant find anythiing. I am hoping that someone might know what this is and what can be done. He will not have surgery. He has been grapping his throat to stop the chocking and its is making red marks on his neck. His Dad is really worried. If anyone has any information . Please let me know

Thank you so much

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 11:15 am

Margie2323 can you post more information on the age of his son and what medication he is taking now and has he brought his son to see a Neurologist lately or Family DR? I know a friend of mine has problem with choking when he eats if he is not careful because of a disease similar to GBS/CIDP

Please post more information there is alot people here who know more then I do that can help you.

Best of luck on getting some information

Sue

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 8:09 pm

Thank you for the information. My boyfriends son is 20 years old he is not on any medication. And it happens at all different times. And it is not when he is eating. It is like he has something stuck in his throat. He hasnt been to the doctors lately.Due to he doesnt have any medical insurance . His son says he is fine but his father is worried, but his son will not go to the doctors . So if we knew what it was and what could be done I really believe we can get him to the doctors. If anyone has information I would be more so appreciated.

Thank you