The Truth-Why U May Have GBS

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm

You all realize one of the main causes of GBS is the H1N1 vaccine, now included in the yearly flu shot.
      And with the mist vaccine, even more people can be exposed if you go into a pharmacy to do shopping while the flu shots are being administered.
      There is a lot of data to support this finding even on the CDC’s website. There was a outbreak of GBS in 1976 during a swine flu outbreak, so they stopped vaccinating for the swine flu.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2011 at 8:31 pm

[SIZE=”3″][COLOR=”SeaGreen”]Lisa.
      I got GBS from a flu shot and everything you said was total truth. Tell all your friends and anyone who will listen to STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOT.
      Also the shot will NOT protect you against this years flu.I was told that if a vaccine is made useing an EGG WALK AWAY. Maybe with blessings we will save someone from walking in our foot steps. (Lakoda)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2011 at 11:16 am

Lisa,

That is great that you and I know this (I got it after the H1N1 shot in Nov. 2009), but good luck trying to get the doctors to admit this. Not one that I have seen would acknowledge this. “Oh, you must’ve had a virus!” No, I was totally fine before I got this vaccine, and then I had severe neurological problems and now another undiagnosed autoimmune disease still a year and a half later. (possible RA/lupus). Everyone that I have told about this has been staying away from this shot, so hopefully, it has helped a few people.

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I got a flu shot in November 2010 and came down with GBS 12/28/10. I have very little dout that my case was caused by the flu shot.

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2011 at 7:08 pm

My last flu shot was early December 2004. I got GBS May 2005. My GBS was NOT caused by a flu shot.

Tonya Correll
      GBS 5/15/2005

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I’m sure the flu shot causes some cases of GBS but not all of them.

My GBS was caused by a stomach flu. It wasn’t the Campylobacter stuff or however that is spelled either because I tested negative for it.

Anyway about a week after my stomach flu, the GBS came on.

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I’ve NEVER had a flu shot in my life. Mine came on after a bad stomach virus.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2011 at 1:52 am

Hi,

GBS hit me in the hospital while I was being operated on. Went into surgery ok, and I came out screeming in pain. They went back in another surgery to see what was happening and finally they called in a couple of Neurogists and a spinal tap proved it was GBS. It was just in the last few years that they put messages on vaccinations about GBS.

Judy

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2011 at 4:04 am

I had a severe case of the flu (not food poisioning ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ) and a month later, I was diagnosed with GBS. The symptoms came on slowly at first. No one knows what lies waiting within the body after a flu shot or any shot for that matter. I personally believe, after much research and anicdotal eveidence, that this “bug” can hang around waiting for an opportunity to strike the body-like when the immune system has been weakened for whatever reason.

?? Question: after having the chicken pox vaccine how is it that stress can bring it back as shingles?? I’ve not been given a good answer by anyone in the know! Perhaps someone here can explain as you are the most knowledgable group of people I know ๐Ÿ˜€

• June 8, 2011 at 9:11 am

I got CDIP after I got the flu shot in Nov 2010 and this vaccind DID contain the H1N1 vaccine. I started to come down with symptoms only 10 days after the vaccine. Other than the vaccine I was completly healthy. Now all I do is go to the doctor and have IVIG infusions. I have never spent so much time in doctor appointments. It is very depressing to think that if I had not had that damn flu shot I would still be a normal, healthy 46 year old woman going about her life. Now I have a very different life and I don’t like it so far! I will never get another vaccine and my 7 year old daughter will never ever get any more childhood vaccines either. They are all poison as far as I am concerned!

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Stomach virus for me.

Funny story. I was in the emergency room in fairly bad shape. I had read about GBS online, and knew that it was a possibility. It was interesting hearing the residents ask me certain kinds of questions. Symmetry was a big deal to them. But they got really excited when I told them about the stomach virus 2 months ago. As soon as they heard that, suddenly I had a half dozen residents looking in.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2011 at 11:59 pm

[QUOTE=chirpybirdy]I got CDIP after I got the flu shot in Nov 2010 and this vaccind DID contain the H1N1 vaccine. I started to come down with symptoms only 10 days after the vaccine. Other than the vaccine I was completly healthy. Now all I do is go to the doctor and have IVIG infusions. I have never spent so much time in doctor appointments. It is very depressing to think that if I had not had that damn flu shot I would still be a normal, healthy 46 year old woman going about her life. Now I have a very different life and I don’t like it so far! I will never get another vaccine and my 7 year old daughter will never ever get any more childhood vaccines either. They are all poison as far as I am concerned![/QUOTE]

Childhood vaccines an flue shots are two different kettle of fish. Your anger at your getting GBS is putting your daughter at risk. Do some research.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2011 at 4:29 am

[QUOTE=Judi Z]I had a severe case of the flu (not food poisioning ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ) and a month later, I was diagnosed with GBS. The symptoms came on slowly at first. No one knows what lies waiting within the body after a flu shot or any shot for that matter. I personally believe, after much research and anicdotal eveidence, that this “bug” can hang around waiting for an opportunity to strike the body-like when the immune system has been weakened for whatever reason.

?? Question: after having the chicken pox vaccine how is it that stress can bring it back as shingles?? I’ve not been given a good answer by anyone in the know! Perhaps someone here can explain as you are the most knowledgable group of people I know :D[/QUOTE]
      Yes (in answer to your question about can stress bring on shingles after chicken pox). I’ve had this happen to me for years.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2011 at 4:39 am

Yeah I was recently diagnosed with these (listed in title), and within a month later I am now being tested (hopefully this week) for GBS, Lupis, MS, or whatever else they can test for in a Spinal Tap. I’m not looking forward to this, considering I’m already Terminal (expected 1-1/2 to 2 yrs) due to a Genetic Degenerative Disorder which is consuming my internal organs. I’m a severe diabetic with the complications of such.

I’ve come to terms with the dying thing, but this stuff is scaring the crap outa me. I’m not able to move after sitting for a few minutes (getting worse). can’t grasp a fork or a drink (bottle or cup), now cant hardly walk, this is scary! Help please, let me know I’m not alone, that there is support out there? thanks.

[QUOTE=Larry114]Stomach virus for me.

Funny story. I was in the emergency room in fairly bad shape. I had read about GBS online, and knew that it was a possibility. It was interesting hearing the residents ask me certain kinds of questions. Symmetry was a big deal to them. But they got really excited when I told them about the stomach virus 2 months ago. As soon as they heard that, suddenly I had a half dozen residents looking in.[/QUOTE]

• July 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I did not get my GBS from a Flu shot but my Dr. has advised me to stay away from it as well as the Pneumonia shot. He stated when you become 70-80 and the effects of the flu or the like tend to have more complications then you might want to reconsider. I figured I made it 30 yrs before I ever got my 1st flu shot….No plans on getting one in the future.

I think there is a lot more to learn about all these “precautionary measures” we are asking everyone to take.

• July 13, 2011 at 9:06 am

I wish and wish I could redo that day when i got the flu vaccine. I usually don’t get the darn flu vaccine because I am a strong believer that they don’t do any good. I did not know that they could do such harm too. That morning I decided my 7 year old daughter should get the vaccine since her school was really pushing for all elementary kids to get vaccinated. I thought I should be the big adult and just do it. It took me three different Walgreens to find one that had a shot available. I finally found one on the third try and then took my daughter to her pediatritian for her shot. I think the fact that I got shot down at two other Walgreen clinics before I found one able to give me the shot that it was someone from up above trying to persuade me to give up and not get the shot. A warning from above. But i was persistant and did not give up and now look where I am. CIDP for life. I would have gotten over the flu if I had gotten sick but I won’t ever get over CIDP now. People shoud definitely think long and hard before getting vaccines in the future. I know I will NEVER get another vaccine and I won’t give my daughter any more of her childhood vaccines either. I won’t take that chance that she will end up like me.

• July 13, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I have done research…lots of research and there are lots of horrible side effects from childhood vaccines. The government just covers them up just like the reaction to the flu vaccine. Why do you think there is a vaccine fund created. It is because there are lots of children dealing with vaccine reactions. I also believe the MMR is responsible for the hike in Autism in children. My child is not at risk. She is 7 and has had quite enough vaccines in her live. They over-push vaccines for money makers. We never got that many vaccines as children. It is a big RACKET as far as I am concerned. I don’t trust the big vaccine manufactures at all.

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2011 at 6:14 pm

[QUOTE=chirpybirdy]I wish and wish I could redo that day when i got the flu vaccine. I usually don’t get the darn flu vaccine because I am a strong believer that they don’t do any good. I did not know that they could do such harm too. That morning I decided my 7 year old daughter should get the vaccine since her school was really pushing for all elementary kids to get vaccinated. I thought I should be the big adult and just do it. It took me three different Walgreens to find one that had a shot available. I finally found one on the third try and then took my daughter to her pediatritian for her shot. I think the fact that I got shot down at two other Walgreen clinics before I found one able to give me the shot that it was someone from up above trying to persuade me to give up and not get the shot. A warning from above. But i was persistant and did not give up and now look where I am. CIDP for life. I would have gotten over the flu if I had gotten sick but I won’t ever get over CIDP now. People shoud definitely think long and hard before getting vaccines in the future. I know I will NEVER get another vaccine and I won’t give my daughter any more of her childhood vaccines either. I won’t take that chance that she will end up like me.[/QUOTE]
      Kinda the same thing happen with me trying to get my kids the vaccine… First Dr’s canceled,then I canceled, then showed up at the office for appointment just for the flu shot only and nurse’s say they are out of it..switched dr’s got myself and all three of my kids the all in one flu vaccine oct 2010 3 weeks later my 3yr old was dx with gbs:( month after month after months of relapse and hospital stays she was dx with cidp…..She will not be getting no more child vaccines. YES my daughter got cidp from the flu vaccine and my Neuro sent a letter to my lawyer saying thats how she got it. First time for all of us getting the flu shot, the guilt is eating me up. So Sad:(

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm

[QUOTE=wrtrmom]Childhood vaccines an flue shots are two different kettle of fish. Your anger at your getting GBS is putting your daughter at risk. Do some research.[/QUOTE]
      I am sure they have done there research, so have I. I still will not be giving my children anymore vaccines and I dont have gbs or cidp my 3yr old daughter does and also my neuro advised me NOT to get anymore vaccines!!!! I am angry:mad: a very angry, bitter, scared mother filled with guilt thanks to all the vaccine pushers, dr’s, media, govermnt:mad:

• July 20, 2011 at 8:43 am

r&rmama, I feel for you. My child did not get CIDP thank goodness but I did. I guess I would rather have it than watch my 7 year old struggle the way I am struggling. My heart goes out to you. I am also angry and a little bit bitter because I got CIDP from something that was suppose to make me stay healthy. I also believe the big drug companies no that these vaccines cause problems but hey, they are big money makers so what if a few people get chronically sick…they are making a BIG profit! That is all that matters to them. I am doing ok with my treatment and trying to go about my life as normal as possible. But I get down when I am in the infusion center and I hear all the pumps from the machines and I start to cry…i feel sick at that point and realize that this is my life now. I was sitting in the infusion center yesterday (using up one of my precious PTO days) when my sister was at the loca water park with MY daughter because I could not be there. My vacation days are now saved for my infusions….no more summer days off in the water park with my child…all because of the flu vaccine! Good luck to your child. I hope things settle down so that she can go on with her childhood and enjoy the little things that kids are suppose to enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2011 at 1:07 pm

[QUOTE=chirpybirdy]r&rmama, I feel for you. My child did not get CIDP thank goodness but I did. I guess I would rather have it than watch my 7 year old struggle the way I am struggling. My heart goes out to you. I am also angry and a little bit bitter because I got CIDP from something that was suppose to make me stay healthy. I also believe the big drug companies no that these vaccines cause problems but hey, they are big money makers so what if a few people get chronically sick…they are making a BIG profit! That is all that matters to them. I am doing ok with my treatment and trying to go about my life as normal as possible. But I get down when I am in the infusion center and I hear all the pumps from the machines and I start to cry…i feel sick at that point and realize that this is my life now. I was sitting in the infusion center yesterday (using up one of my precious PTO days) when my sister was at the loca water park with MY daughter because I could not be there. My vacation days are now saved for my infusions….no more summer days off in the water park with my child…all because of the flu vaccine! Good luck to your child. I hope things settle down so that she can go on with her childhood and enjoy the little things that kids are suppose to enjoy :)[/QUOTE]
      Thanks chirpybirdy, I wish I had got cidp and not her. She is such a sweetheart and has ajusted well. SHE GETS HER IVIG TREATMENT THIS THURSDAY AND FRIDAY:( I always get stressed, cry and make my self sick the day before her treatment but she does good with it, she also has a fraternal twin sister who does NOT have cidp but with no babysitter she has to come with us and she is my whining, needy one, It always seem I am trying to keep Rylee happy instead of comforting Reese:( plus we have a 45min drive and have to be there at 8:00am(neither of my girls are easy to wake up) and if the meds disolves quick and its ready when we get there we are out of there in about 4-5 hrs but on the hot and humid days they havent been ready and its been more like 8 hr days in a small room with my 3yr old girls and other kids with more kids and parents and nurses also….ugh I get so emotionally & mentally drained in these two days. I just keep telling myself that it could be worse and I am blessed with 3 beautiful childen and have a wonderful hard working hubby:) I am glad your daughter does not have cidp and I hope and pray for your health! As far as the vaccine goes its our rights to get them or NOT get them for our childen and we should not be frowned on for what we decide to do. “Don’t like gay marriages? Don’t get one.. Don’t like cigarettes? Don’t smoke them.. Don’t like abortions? Don’t get one.. Don’t like sex? Don’t have it.. .. Don’t like alcohol? Don’t drink it.. ..Don’t want to vaccine your childen? Don’t do it….. Don’t like your rights taken away??? Don’t take away someone else’s.”

• July 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm

๐Ÿ™ How often does your daughter need to get an infusion? Does it help with her symptoms? I get my infusion every 3 weeks and it helps greatly. But i have noticed my symptoms coming back at about day 16 or 17 so I think I need to have my doctor adjust the time between my infusions. I was disappointed because I was hoping as time went on I would be able to increase the time between infusions not decrease ๐Ÿ™ . I just had an infusion yesterday. My infusion takes about 5 to 6 hours each time. Depressing to be in that place…it really makes me FEEL sick when I am there because it is where a lot of cancer patients get their chemo. When I am out I feel normal as long as my symptoms are not acting up. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2011 at 2:28 pm

she gets them monthly now over 2 days…2 months ago she was getting them every 2 weeks for 2 days she couldnt last a month but now this is the second month she has lasted til its time for her monthly:) a few issues came up this past week but nothing that I felt she needed to be seen right away!!!

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2011 at 8:38 am

In 1976, there was a small risk of GBS following influenza (swine flu) vaccination (approximately 1 additional case per 100,000 people who received the swine flu vaccine). That number of GBS cases was slightly higher than what is normally seen in the population, whether or not people were vaccinated. Since then, numerous studies have been done to evaluate if other flu vaccines were associated with GBS. In most studies, no association was found, but two studies suggested that approximately 1 additional person out of 1 million vaccinated people may be at risk for GBS associated with the seasonal influenza vaccine. FDA and CDC are closely monitoring reports of serious problems following the 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccines, including GBS.

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2011 at 7:10 pm

[SIZE=”3″][COLOR=”Green”]You’ll must be from ENGLAND OR CANADA with your numbers. In 1971 there were over 40 cases of GBS from the SWINE FLU SHOTS and 3 died. The average is 3 per 100,000 no million. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• August 15, 2011 at 9:25 am

There is NOTHING else that could have triggered CIDP in me. I was a perfectly healthy 45 year old woman. Never had any illness or infection prior to the CDIP. 10 days after my 2010 flu vaccine (which included the H1N1) I started to experience numbness and tingling. I am convinced that it was the H1N1 and no numbers or government studies (which I am convenced are riged to be in favor of the vaccine companies) can tell me different. I am no longer a normal, happy, healthy individual all because I tried to keep myself from getting the flu. I would have rather gotten the flu. Most likely I would have recovered within a week or two and would have gone on with my life as normal. Well my life is nothing like normal anymore! Infusions every 20 days, soreness and weakness in my legs and arms, difficulting sleeping, anxiety, depression… I for one will never vaccinate my daughter with that poison again. I don’t trust vaccines anymore.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2011 at 3:00 pm

For those that are interested…through the years I’ve done research on vaccines & CIDP (and all autoimmune diseases). I found the Generation Rescue website very helpful with regards to vaccines. It is the foundation started by Jenny McCarthy when her son Evan was dx’d with autism.

Here is the link:
      [url]http://www.generationrescue.org/resources/vaccination/[/url]

Kelly

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2011 at 12:15 am

ChirpyBirdy,
      I too was a healthy 50 year old, health care professional, working 2 jobs, doing step aerobics a couple times per week. At work, they would advocate the flu vaccine for everyone. I’ve only received the flu vaccine three times, ’06, ’07, and ’08. I was dx with CIDP on November ’09. I had no previous illnesses or infection also. I am getting IVIG every 10 days; I’ve tried every 14 days three times already, but got weaker in the arms and legs.
      I just don’t understand when my doctor tells me they have to “trial” me on every 14 days due to medical insurance reasons; i.e., to prove to the insurance that they did at least try, but it didn’t work. I am the one who ends up suffering, trying to recover back up my strength which takes 2 months.
      I was also depressed, anxious, and I am constantly thinking what will happen in the future.
      In June, I experienced leg, thigh, hip aches or soreness while walking. I usually walk 1 hour in the morning and 1 hr. in the evening. I didn’t know if it was nerve or muscle pain. I mentioned this to my doctor. I had a Nerve conduction/EMG done which did not show anything significant. She told me maybe it was my shoes, or I needed to stretch before my walks, or take yoga. The doctor said my “aches” was probably “mechanical”; maybe I am walking too much. Sometimes, I think doctors don’t really understand what kind of aches and pain we go through. Truly, I am experiencing these aches. I don’t think changing my shoes, yoga, or stretching will help.

• August 16, 2011 at 8:38 am

exosurf,
      I notice that when I exercise I get sore too. I try to do water aerobics and end up paying for it. So I have decreased to just walking back and forth in the pool at chest depth for about 30 minutes for exercise. Less pain than when doing full water aerobics but still my legs do a weird crawly sensation for a few hours after walking in the water. It is hard for me to come to terms that I can’t do much anymore. I have gained about 8 pounds because I can’t exercise anymore. I am blessed though because since starting the IVIG about 5 months ago I have improved so that I only have mild aches and some vibrating feelings in my legs. But i have stopped progressing down the road to being worse. I am maintaining at every 21 days. I actually got 26 days out of my last infusion. I have a head right now post IVIG three days ago. It is mild enough to go to work but annoying enough for me to have to stop and rub my head and neck frequently to relieve the pain. I am still trying to grasp that this is my new life and that I will not be going back to what I was before CIDP…thus the anxiety comes over me. I bring in more money than my husband and I carry the health insurance. What will happen in the future if I can’t work anymore? It terrifies me constantly. Hang in there, we really have no choice but to try and make our lifes as normal as possible.

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2011 at 10:01 am

I was a Victim of the 1976 swine flu Vaccine…