The peanut butter

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Hello everyone

I just wanted to up date you on Mason. I know most of you remember how sick Mason has been with his stomach. I kept asking the doctors if he could be getting to much protein from all of the peanut butter he was eating. I also thought maybe the vitams were making him sick. I just knew it had something to do with the Peanut Butter. His grandparents could not understand why he was not in pain at their house, but always in pain at mine.

My daighter called me Tuesday and told me about the 2111 Peter Pan Peanut Butter having salmonella. I went to my cabinet and found three jars, all almost empty. Mason has not eaten a Peanut Butter sandwich in over two weeks. He has not had stomach pain in two weeks. He is not having trouble going to the bathroom either.

I don’t know if the two are connected, but I am greatful Mason has one less pain to worry about.

LESSON LEARNED: MOTHERS INTUITION IS ALWAYS RIGHT ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Yes Trish, a mothers intuition is always right, I am reminded of that so often. I really hope that this is the reason, strange as it may sound, then at least you dont have to worry about the stomach problems anymore. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 5:02 pm

Trish,

That’s amazing about the p-nut butter! What a good mom you are for listening to your intuition.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2007 at 6:37 pm

On the news, they said it was only Peter Pan and Great Value, which is Walmart’s brand as well as some other generic brands.
      Here is a link to the story……
      [url]http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/02/peanut_butter_recall06.html[/url]

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 7:45 am

Lo and behold we had two unopened jars at the office. You are right, mother always knows !!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 8:21 pm

There was an almost empty jar (great value brand) with that code in our office refrigerator also today!! Amazing!!! It has been disposed of.

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 8:29 pm

You can mail the lids in for a refund. Or I imagine- coupons for free ones when they correct the probs.

Dennis

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 11:40 am

I also had a partially used jar of peanut butter that had that code on it. I figured it would cost postage to send the lid in for a refund, so I just threw it away. My brother said he was going to put his on ebay ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

What a shame when we have enough health problems as it is to have bad food. Spinach, lettuce, peanut butter… what’s next?

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 12:07 pm

I was reading another article, some of the food chains will refund your money with only a receipt. I threw mine away. We will not be eating Peanut Butter for along time.

Mason said he is never eating Peanut Butter again!

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 8:55 pm

We ate our jar of ‘special sick’ peanut butter also…noone got ill though.

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 5:48 pm

Mason went to grandma’s this weekend, she feed him Peanut Butter with the #2111. Mason got sick sunday night. He is still having stomach pains from it. We sent a stool sample off today.

I told his grandma, no more Peanut Butter!!!

Trish