The Miracle Mile

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2007 at 8:45 am

hi all. i amazed myself on the miracle mile walk at oxford valley mall last week. there was a gbs miracle mile walk and i used my wheelchair as a walker, (i normally walk with a cane) and i pushed and pushed and i made it! my legs were weak at the end of it, but i made it.
      it was so nice to finally meet other people with gbs/cidp. i took notice to how they function and i was surprised how much we all have in common. i met a woman who was diagnosed two months ago. she and her husband were sitting next to me. she had such fear in her eyes; afraid she would never walk again. i sat down with her and her husband and explained to them the condition i was in when i was first diagnosed and how far i’ve come since then. by the time i was done talking to them, they both hugged and kissed me and i saw the fear in her eyes relax and she actually smiled for the first time in two months. oh, what a wonderful feeling. so all of you out there that think you’ll never walk again, it may take a very long time, but positive attitude has alot to do with you’re recovery. also, accepting the residuals takes a while too. it took me a long time to accept that i will be stuck with the residuals, but i finally did and i have adjusted my lifestyle accordingly. just wanted to share my miracle mile with all of you.
      deb

• June 19, 2007 at 12:09 pm

Deb that is so awesome!! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

*BUG HUG!!!*

Lori

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2007 at 1:05 pm

You go, Deb!!!! I am so proud of you! I got an invitation in the mail to the event, but knew I would not make the trip – I live about an hour and a half from there. I wish I could have then we could have met!!! I will have to remember what time of the year this event is so I can attend next year.

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2007 at 5:55 pm

Way to go Deb!!!

It can amaze us when we try something new (within reason). I hope you are recovering okay. Take care.