The HPV Vaccine: A Tough Issue

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2007 at 8:13 am

Personally I do consider 3 cases of GBS out of 20,000 to be outrageous. If that trend continued it could mean 15 per 100,000.

The HPV Vaccine: A Tough Issue

They tested it on 20,000 women, and found it very effective. Most of the observed side effects were pain at the injection site, fainting or dizziness when the shot was given, and some recipients got a fever. There were three cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome, which has been observed with other vaccines as well. Nothing outrageous, nothing unusual, there aren’t a bunch of warning labels on the stuff.

You can read the rest of the article at the following site.

http://www.teachthefacts.org/2007/04/hpv-vaccine-tough-issue.html

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 8:58 pm

Hi

3? 3 cases of GBS out of 20,000? Flipping heck!

And, this is a vaccine against cervical cancer? Think I’ll stick to smear tests – after all, all they cause is embarassment.

God bless

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 11:04 pm

I’d consider 1 case to be to much. If I had a daughter she would not receive that vaccine. I thought that I read there were more cases, I just don’t remember the ratio. It still will not protect againist all cervical cancers so why experiment with a woman’s life? The drug manufacturers only care about how much money they can generate by scaring the crap out of women and not putting all the facts out there, same thing with all vaccines, they don’t want you to know how dangerous vaccines are.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2007 at 3:59 pm

On Good Morning America (I think thats the CBS morning programm) they were pushing the HPV vaccine. I just happend to ‘flick’ past looking for proper news :rolleyes: . Spoke a about the younger the better i.e. 9 years old. Getting it before sexually active, but if you have been exposed to the virus, the vaccine [I]MIGHT[/I] help. NOW apparently they are talking about possibly giving boys the vaccine too!!! Not decided yet, but it may be in the cards …………. I admit I missed a great deal of the interview, but from what I say, they were only pushing the good points

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 10:55 pm

What!!!!!!!!!! Boys too! Whatever for??????

Unless the woman I talked to yesterday was right about getting implanted by RFID which can take place since the chips are very small. Again linked to the end times.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rfid[/url]

See just how small:
      [url]http://www.hitachi-eu.com/mu/[/url]

Normally I would not push such ideas, but this vaccination programme does simply have a wrong feel for me. The politicians are very quick to endorse it, not knowing the long term effects, and the prospects are that this only saves about 40% of the vaccinated female children from a possible future cervical cancer, it seems a bit risky. Is it a grand scale choice of guiney pigs? A good sale for the pharmaceutical companies? Are boys really at risk for cervical cancer??

Sorry, this really got me up from the chair. I am sorry for the many parents who have to make a choice for their daughters. What are they to do or believe? I am not chosing the vaccine for my boy.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 10:48 am

Apparently boys carry the virus, and through sexual relations transfer it to their partner. That, as far as I can tell is the only reason they want to give it to boys.

The program seems wrong to me too. I think (trying to think back) they said that they have only researched the girls who have got the vaccine for 3 years. Regardless, if they have researched it for 8 years it still isnt enough to tell in the long run. Once again, not looking back at the article, I believe you can be tested to see if you do or have risk of carrying the virus – why not do that first, instead of risking everyone to side effects?
      There is so much I want to say about this, but I think its best left unsaid I think.

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2007 at 12:05 pm

I heard on the news last night that there have been cases of “Life Threatening Immune Responses”. I knew what that was immediately.
      Not only are they pushing the HHP vaccine but now in my area (San Diego) they are inundating us with Bird Flu vaccine propoganda in commercials.
      After what happened to nate, everything I hear about vaccines becoming mandatory makes me very angry.
      I will never take another vaccine. They are not safe if they can kill you.
      That has to be fixed.
      Trudy, natesmom

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2007 at 1:14 pm

Since I live in Texas, this will affect many in my family. There is the option to “opt out”.

To date – 3 deaths reported to Vaers following Gardasil vaccination. Notice, all three girls had HPV4 injection.

[url]http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2007/GardasilVAERSDeaths.pdf[/url]

In addition, a quick search of the vaers database adverse events for Gardasil reports “Guillain-Barre” 33 times. I have not read these individual reports; some may be duplicates or other inaccuracies.

cd

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 11:51 am

I posted this on another thread, but some of you hadnt posted on it ….
      This was posted by wheelchairmaiden (Dan). (Copy and Paste)

renewamerica.us/columns/janak/070722

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2007 at 11:11 pm

Ali,

Thank you so much for posting that link, and wheelchairdan, thank you for providing it. It made me ache with sadness, and I had tears streaming down my face reading it.

A strange thing happened to me since my daughter got cidp. I used to be a hurried, go,go,go kind of mom, trying to balance work, home, extended family, and social life. Now, it still shocks me, but I have slowed down just enough to notice when even strangers need a little help in everyday situations and I have a few seconds to offer assistance. It’s not that I did’nt want to help before, it’s that I never thought I had time to notice. Now, I marvel at young girls that I see in the supermarket or walking to school, or anywhere, and remember when my daughter was that young and innocent. Now, more than ever, I really appreciate just how precious and beautiful our children are. I just hope the powers that be are not causing more harm than good – and I hope they would not be so greedy as to place their personal and financial interests before the welfare of our nation’s children.

I would still suggest that everyone write their state representative and suggest a cautious approach – mandatory vaccination could prove to be much more devastating than the disease it was intended to prevent (at least in the US where cervical cancer is much lower incident than some other countries).

cd

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2007 at 10:12 pm

Article was shown on the news just now and the link to read it.
      Worries remain about HPV vaccine side effects.

[url]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070911/hpv_vaccine_070911/20070911?hub=TopStories[/url]

Sue

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2007 at 9:30 am

cd,

I agree writing to suggest a cautious approach. I think we should also present the facts to those around us so that they can make an informed decision – something I havent even thought of doing actively before. My daughter, at 15, has so many friends that could be thinking of having the shot, and I have so many friends and neighbors with daughters, there isnt a better opportunity to slowly introduce the subject while standing at the bus stop in the mornings waiting for my sons elementary school bus.

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2008 at 10:39 pm

I am new here I have a sick daughter from vaccines.but I’m writing this from another person of a different forum we belong to they are really desperate for any help.

( This website documents the case I mentioned the other day:

[url]http://jenjensfamily.blogspot.com/[/url]

They are desperately searching for similar cases so the medical teams
      can compare notes and work out what is going on. Right now nothing
      seems to be stopping the progressive paralysis, and now she’s on a
      respirator.

If you know of anyone please contact the family.

Thanks,

Travis. ) thank you

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2008 at 6:37 pm

Travis,

I read the blog and it broke my heart. I wish I had some suggestions, but i think its wonderful of you to get the story out, because maybe someone out there will see it and be able to help.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2008 at 8:45 am

Sunday,July 6, 2008

FEDS’ WARNING SHOT

By SUSAN EDELMAN and BRUCE GOLDING

July 6, 2008 —

GARDASIL – a new cervical-cancer vaccine heavily marketed to young girls in ubiquitous ads on TV and in movie theaters – is under investigation for possible links to paralysis, seizures, and 18 deaths.

Federal health officials have logged 8,000 “adverse events” in girls and women injected with the Merck & Co. vaccine introduced two years ago, more than 500 of them from New York.

And lawyers last month filed the first two claims on behalf of girls with ailments blamed on Gardasil under a federal program to compensate victims of vaccine-caused illness, The Post has learned.

Both girls got the injections at their middle schools.

The other claim was filed for Jessica Vega of Nevada, who came down with Guillain-Barré Syndrome, an immune-system disorder, at age 14 – a week after her second Gardasil shot.

[email]susan.edelman@nypost.com[/email]

cut and paste the the following link to see the entire story.

[url]http://bronxnews.wordpress.com/2008/07/06/feds-warning-shot-gardasil/[/url]

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Thank you, thank you, John! I sent this out to all my friends and family asking them to “help save our children”. I affirmed that they were blessed to not be dealing with GBS and beings that I live with GBS residuals, I asked that they trust me on this one! If we even “saved” one child per person, on just these forums, what a huge impact that would be. A heartfelt thank you! 🙂