Thank You, Everyone

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2008 at 12:58 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for being so open and honest about everything you’re going through. I was just reading a few posts that I had missed earlier in the summer, and some of them are so very sad, especially the one where Micheline was diagnosed with ALS. These posts remind me not to take anything for granted in life.

Thank you for sharing your stories.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2008 at 11:11 am

Hey Shannon, it is becaue of everyone sharing some rather private issues that we all realize our own life is not so bad. And, as you know, it is also the reason many of us find answers to our own problems. Or just knowing we aren’t the only one experiencing what we do each day is comfort.
      I haven’t posted for quite some time, but I always check back in to see both old names and new names joining the forum.
      Hope all is well with you.

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2008 at 8:42 pm

[b]love You Shan:) [/b]

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Shannon you are great. I am sure you have been a big help to others just the same as they have been a big help to you. Take care sweeetie and give Ben a big hug for me. Love you guys..Merry Christmas

• December 18, 2008 at 9:27 pm

You know Shannon, since I am better and working, I do not get on the forum as often, but I share your thought about how blessed we are to just be able to walk and breath. In the hospital CCU when my goals were to speak and control my bowels, I wasn’t so sure I’d be doing what I’m doing. AND I thank GOD every day for finding a doctor who was familar with GBS. When you read the stories of folks who are not diagnosed for weeks and consequently their long recovery it is very sad indeed. Merry Christmas.

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Hey Shannon,
      Thanks to you too for your honesty and openness. I often think of you and how courageous you are for sharing your own personal insights and struggles. When you divulged your eating disorder I was so moved because it was through your love of Ben that you came here and found the needed safety and support to face your own challange. I hope you are getting what you need and that you and Ben continue to be happy and healthy. I loved your recent story of Ben hopping on the bed when you had your feet up to dry your recently painted toes, and Ben discovered that he too could rotate his ankles. What a great image!! Thanks again.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      January 14, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Shannon,

I don’t check in here so very often these days, but I do come here to look for old friends and lend some support when I can. I just saw your post, and wanted to say thank you to you too. You and our other forum friends have helped each other to ease the burdens of struggling with these syndromes and the damage they have done. It is people like you (who share Ben’s story and your own) who make it easier for the rest of us to feel comfortable doing the same. Your openess and compassion are much appreciated. I wish you and Ben a wonderful 2009, and much happiness in the future.

Best wishes,
      Suzanne

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Hi Shannon! Glad to see you posted. I was wondering where you went! But you are so right. We share, we learn, we all cry together and pray together. I think this site is wonderful! It has the most beautiful people in here. Every single person in this forum is special to me! Very special! And I must say that I could have not done it without you all in here! You helped me alot in my time of need and I hope to help others that may need me! One very nice family in here.
      Miss you too not being in here! Hugs
      Linda H

Thank you everyone!

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 5:41 pm

I just wanted to say how grateful I am of the truly inspirational stories I’ve just read. This disease is so psychologically taxing. My hope is that my father-in-law (who has had GBS for 2 years 6 months) will be able to type his own recovery story to share with all. For now we will take all your hope and guidance to heart. And hope for the best. Thank you.

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2007 at 7:01 pm

mj,

This is truly an inspiring and supportive site. Just knowing there are people dealing with the same issues is in a way, a comfort. I hope your father-in-law finds the site a informative and helpful.