TDAP Vaccine trigger and possible Compensation???

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 11:32 am

Hello everyone.
      My name is Dean and my Partner Fred was recently stricken with GBS 12/17/07. He was in the Neuro Intensive Care Unit for 11 days and received ImmunoGlobulin treatment for 5 days. He was then transferred directly to Kessler Center for Rehabilitation for 2 weeks, and then sent home. He continues PT, OT and Speech Therapy 3X a week and has made great progress. We pinpointed the onset of this to be triggered by a TDAP injection (Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis(Whooping Cough)), he received during his annual physical on 11/27/07. The next week he developed flu like symptoms and then the tingling and numbness in his fingers and feet. When he could barely walk and his blood pressure was 160/120, we brought him to the ER, and they diagnosed him with GBS.

I wanted to share this information I came accross with anyone who had similar cicumstances surrounding their unfortunate diagnosis. There is a Vaccince Comensation program set up by our Federal Government. You can get more information at the following link: [B]http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/covered_vaccines.htm [/B]

I have retrieved all of Fred’s medical records from his Primary Dr., the Hospital and Kessler and filed the claim with my attorney. I am optimistic for compenstation so that Fred does not have to worry about the loss of his income during his time of recovery. Although my insurance has paid his medical bills, his living expenses have piled up. God has blessed us with his speedy recovery, and he has a long way to go. But obviously this program was set up for a reason by our government.

Hope this helps some others out there.
      Dean