SYMPOSIUM, Chicago weather, what do I need to pack???

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 12:04 pm

Hi,
      I’ve been wondering if anyone knows what the weather will be like in Chicago area in November? Do I need a winter jacket or a medium weight jacket, or do I need a coat/jacket at all? Are light weight sweaters or sweatshirts okay? I want to pack light in case I have to tow my own luggage, but BOY, is it difficult to resist the urge to take the whole house. Women pack things “just in case” they need them.

• October 11, 2008 at 1:16 pm

LIZ,
      All I can say it is a crap shoot as to what the weather will be in Chicago in November. More than likeley, it will be in the 40’s possibly the 60’s if we have an Indian Summer delay?! There is a 1-2 foot snowstorm happening right now in Montana, go figure. If you are shooting for a small rolling suitcase, and you are not a freezy cat, I would say not quite a parka, but a little warmer than a spring jacket. Maybe just put it on your wheelchair to save packing room. Once at the airport, there is not much outside time if you have your transportation pre-arranged. The hotel itself is on a golf course setting. The conference area IS seperate from the lodging area. Kind of like three different buildings. I do not think they connect together from the inside. There will be some walking or wheelchair riding to get from one to the other. Not positive, but pretty sure it looked that way when I was there. Unless there is some connecting area in the back? Try calling. In any event it is not that far, a sweatshirt and lighter jacket may suffice. I would probably suggest an umbrella. Comfortable shoes obviously, bikini if you are going swimming?!! If you don’t want to leave the resort, you do not have to. There are however TGI Fridays type resturaunts everywhere. See ya there!!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Thanks Dawn,
      I should probably just go by what November is like in New York, we would get Indian Summer weather and you’d want to put short sleeves on. Isn’t it typical of a woman wondering what to wear!!! The only “just in case” I’ll take is a mid. weight jacket, no parka.

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 2:33 pm

I live in MI & it could either be snowing or 90 degrees in November here. I think IL is the same way.

You can keep on eye out on the weather in Chicago on [url]www.weather.com[/url]. If you have the zip code of the hotel you can put that in the search area (top left hand corner of the page). Then you can click on 30 day forecast to see what the projection is. Make sure to visit the page frequently to see if any changes have been made.

Or a few days before the symposium Dawn can post weather updates for everyone, LOL.

Kelly