stabbing pains

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 11:41 am

Just left my neuro and he told me I am not having the problems I am having. He told me my EMG doesn’t indicate it. I am having sharp stabbing pains in my joints in my knees, and in my knuckles. I am in my 5th month since being diagnosed with GBS. Is this something you can relate to?

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Yes, I have stabbing pains…I take gabapentin to help with the pain.

I would try to find another neuro if this one won’t help you!

Good luck,

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Pat, I am so sorry you are having pain. Alot of us have pain the doc’s say
      we shouldn’t be having, I just wish they could climb inside our bodies for
      a while. We are the only ones who know how we are feeling!! It is very rare
      today to find a doctor who is sympathetic to our pain. I have been blessed.
      Do not give up, keep doing your research and please remember, you are not
      alone…keep writing. Bless you,
      Miss Judy

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I’ll play the Devil’s advocate. I have MS, but I also have some arthritis in my joints. So don’t forget that we have multiple body systems that can cause us problems too. Hubby is the same boat too–has the foot drop from CIDP, but has arthritic knees, has elevated cholesterol and elevated blood sugar from his fondness for anything sweet and fatty, has cataracts developing (never has been on steroids). So it is important to keep your GP involved to rule out and monitor other things that may be happening to your body. With us, we are seeing the aging process creeping up. My GP always says she forgets to query other things with me as she focuses on the MS and chalks my complaints of whatever to the MS. But I do whole heartedly agree that CIDP sufferers have symptoms that the neurologists tend to discount because it isn’t in the text books.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 2:58 pm

The only pains that I have experienced since my recovery started are what I describe as the feeling of an electrical shock shooting up my right leg. I also have had to get a cortesone shot in my right knee because of knee pain. I think that I damaged it due to my walking funny and going up and down stairs at home. I experienced extreme muscle tightness in my right calf and felt like I tore a muscle or two. It is all getting better, but I have to be gentle with what I ask my right leg to do.
      I take a norco occasionally for pain in my leg.

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. I just encountered these pains in the had 3 weeks ago and my knee the last two days. I just talked to University of Texas Health Science and the said the same thing. Uninformed neuros cause a lot of problems. God Bless

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2010 at 4:50 pm

So sorry you are having this pain. You are not alone. I had them too, now controlled with lyrica. You are in my heart & in my prayers. I agree you need a new neuro doc. Someone said your doc & medical teams are one of your first lines of defense.

Love & gentle hugs, smitty

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2010 at 4:53 pm

You must live in Texas. Me too. Howdy! Love, smitty

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2010 at 11:10 am

Thanks for your replies. No Smitty, I live in Bossier City Louisiana. But I did get a new neuro. He heads the nuero center for the University of Texas. Not bad huh?

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2010 at 9:15 pm

If he heads the neuro dept. he should be good. Best of luck to you.