ssd

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 6:25 pm

There are many questions that I have and am wondering how should the be answered to get the best results.
      how far can you walk?

what is your typical day like?

can you bend over to pick up a 100 dollar bill?

can you do all your regular chores?

what are your sleep patterns like?

can you pick up a small item from your hand?

do you do your laundry?

do you vaccum?

I need to have some way to sound inteligent when i answer these and I am so hazy and sometimes forget things that i need to say can anyone help me

:confused:

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 9:05 pm

These are questions for social security? Am I correct? All you can do is be honest. I remember answering them.
      How far can you walk. My answer was, only very short distances & with a rollator. Cannot walk without assistance or rollator.
      What is your typical day like? I thought was hard to answer. So you just start your day when you get out of bed. Boy did I sound lazy, but that was my typical day.
      Do I do chores, laundry, vaccum NO!
      All you can do is answer to the best of your ability.
      The hard part was I had to fill out a form & so did my family, same questions.
      Good Luck, My SSD was approved in a fairly short amount of time. I was suprised how fast.
      If ya need anything let me know.

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2008 at 2:48 am

1: Wake up in the morning and take my bath. But am struggling to get my day started. Just can’t function like a normal human being. All during the day I am having to take several rest periods. The evening hours take a toll and my fatigue issues end up having me so worn out that I fall asleep with exuastion. Mispelled.
      2: If I see a $100 bill on the ground, sure I would try to bend down and pick up it. Who wouldn’t? But I would have to have something to grab on to just to get back up.
      3: If this is for SSD. I would say that my house has become a wreck. One day I try and the next day I can’t function relying on family members to help me out. In reality though, me myself tries to be somewhat functional. Maybe cleaning certain rooms on a certain day. The chores have changed to where I have had to make it easy for me. The less I have to do the better!
      4: In so much pain and my illness takes away many nights of sleep. Maybe if I’m lucky I will get 8 hours once or twice a week. All the other nights, I have a pattern of only 3 or 4 hours of sleep. Insomnia!
      5:Used to crochet but arms fall asleep. Hard to cook a turkey for thanks giving needing assistance. Small light items I can pick up with no problems. But some in here might not!
      6: Light loads I can and normally 2 times a week splitting it up. Some weeks I have to have help with my laundry because I am too sick.
      7: If the vacumn is light weight I can handle that but have to take one room or two rooms a day. What I used to do in one day is now being split into 7 days of trying to keep my house clean. Struggling to do so. I have even hired a housekeeper but they don’t clean to well and I can’t stand filth in my home. Family assistance is needed many times because of my illness!

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Nebraskafan

Please be honest. The best way to be honest is to be prepared. The best way to be prepared is to keep notes about HOW these things affect you.

In my case, fatigue was/is a factor. I thought about how I was affected, not only that particular day, but subsequent days as well. For example, If I did too much whatever’s today, I was fatigued tomorrow. Or If I walked so far today, I couldn’t walk but …so far… the next day.

All of this takes thought from you. There is no easy answer, only the honest ones.

If you go to the SS website and lopok under qualifying conditions, you should be able to see what you need to have to qualify.

Your typical day? What does someone else have to do for you that you cannot do for yourself? How long can you function before you need to rest? What about grocery shopping? Cooking? How much sitting?

The best way to answer is to have notes and think about it. SS Disability is sometimes tough to get. Don’t get discouraged. I had some good advice, and got approved in 9 or 10 months. (I am pretty bad off also..)

If you still need help, PM me and I will give you whatI can.

Dick S