Some Questions About Chatroom

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 1:18 pm

Just some questions,
      Is anyone using the chatroom? Have you found anyone there? I have tried many times, and never find anyone.

I’ve noticed that there are FOUR chatrooms, HOW DO YOU CHANGE FROM THE CHATROOM THAT OPENS UP TO ANOTHER ONE?

IF YOU WANT TO CHAT, DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF WE TRIED TO GET TOGETHER AND NAME A DAY OR TIME; MAKE A SCHEDULE; SO WE CAN FIND EACH OTHER THERE?

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 4:54 pm

No

I don’t know either

yes

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 5:04 pm

I’ve chatted two times–maybe…
      Chatroom works well so far…
      Hard to find when other people are in chatroom–guess you have to keep checking–wif your fingers crossed…:rolleyes:
      The old chatroom had differant color text for differant chatters…
      The new all one color text is kinda hard to keep track of who’s chattin’ wif whom…
      Your may want to do like the expensive food places do–
      and make reservations wif whomever you want to chat with…
      Then you’ll be sure to have company in the chatroom…
      Just my 2.2239cents worth…:p

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 6:27 pm

Dear Ski:

Changing text colors is possible but not quite as obvious as the old chatroom. When you are in the chatroom, click on the button marked “options” at the bottom of the text dialogue box. When the window opens there should be a tab up top marked “themes”. If it isn’t opened there, click on it. In the window, click on the box next to main body text. It will bring up a palette of colors, click on one. You can save your color choice so you don’t have to redo this every time.

Lee

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 9:19 pm

Liz,

[I]Once in the chatroom :[/I]
      On the left hand side, at the top, it will say [B]Welcome Liz[/B] – Just under that it says [B]Room[/B], which will show you which chat room you are in i.e. [B]GBS[/B]. Slightly to the right of that, on the same line, you will find two little arrows, pointing up and down. If you click on them, they will show you the different chat rooms, go and click on the one you want to be in and it will take you there. For instance, if you click onto the [B]CIDP[/B] room on the left hand side, you will go into it and then on the right hand side it will show that you have changed by showing your name in that room. I hope you understand the way I explained it and I think that is what you were asking. 😉

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 9:57 pm

Can I please get a link to the chat room? Thanks

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 10:18 pm

[URL=”http://www.gbs-cidp.org/chat/chat/index.php”]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/chat/chat/index.php[/URL] : You need to click [B]Register[/B], and register even if you already are registered on the forum. You can used the same name and password as you used on the forum.

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 11:00 pm

Thanks for the replies. Ali, you did answer one of my questions. When I used the old chatroom, I stayed with GBS because we always got people in there, but since there are now four rooms, I knew I was just missing the way to go to other rooms.

Schedules never worked for the old chat room either, so you just have to keep looking for someone else to be there.

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 5:50 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]Hi, Everyone…[/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#9932cc]How do I get into the chatroom??? :confused: Thought I had it figured out already. Sheesh!!!!! [/COLOR][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 6:26 pm

I Think I Remember Seeing A Notice That The Chatroom Was Taken Down. I Would Guess That It Was Because No-one Was Using It And It Was An Added Expense For The Foundation To Maintain.

Sooooooo, Debi, You Can’t Get In Because It’s Not There.

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2006 at 3:06 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]:mad: Grrrrrrrr…! 😡 [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#9932cc]Think I’ll call the offices & beg them to put it back up. [/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#9932cc]Whenever I would ‘park myself’ in there, I always had ‘newbies’ stopping by to gather info. Not to mention, we more established GBS/CIDPers would pop in & out to see what was happening.[/COLOR][/FONT]