SOME INFO ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM, make reservations

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 3:14 pm

Hello,
      I called the foundation to see if there was any more information available on the Phoenix symposium. A detailed brochure will be mailed in August, but we can go to gbs-cidp.org now, and make RESERVATIONS. Just look for symposium on right side of page and click on RESERVATIONS.

EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL
      4415 E Paradise Village Parkway, South
      Phoenix, AZ. (Scottsdale)

$99.00 per night + tax

You have the option of extending your stay to 3 days before and three days after so you can arrange tours.

I already called and made my reservation, and I was told I got the last wheelchair accessible room left.
      Liz

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 1:24 pm

Hello everyone:

I am responding to a posting that there are no more accessible rooms left at the symposium. The hotel has assured us that everyone that needs such a room will get one. Please continue to make your reservations. If you have never been to such a meeting you should give it a try. From past evaluations I can tell you that people really benefit from them.

Barbara Katzman
      Associate Director
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 7:52 pm

Hello,
      Thank you Barbara for responding to my post. I was only quoting what Embassy Suites 1-800 reservation operator told me. I called Embassy Suites, Phoenix (Scottsdale) direct and spoke to the reservation desk and THEY DO HAVE SEVERAL WHEELCHAIR ROOMS STILL AVAILABLE. If you are told that none are available, QUESTION IT, OR CALL OUR FOUNDATION.

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 11:45 am

Liz,

It will be nice meeting you in person after all these years.

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 7:26 pm

What is discussed at the symposium? I was dianosed with GBS in Sept. 2005 so I’ve never been to one before.
      Thank-you.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 11:14 am

There are many sessions in the three days. They include treatments, PT, OT,
      ICU, Insurance, emotional support, sex, medications, open disscusions, ect. Just about anything you need to know is disscussed. If you have other ?s there are people there to give or get the answers for you.

The Symposium is also a wonderful place to meet others who have gone thru GBS/CIDP. This is a good emotional support to most.

Hope to see you there.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 1:50 pm

I am very interested in going to a symposium, but I am in Florida with a 9-month old baby. Any chance there will be one in my area? Thanks and please take care-Kim

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 10:05 am

We hold them evry other year. This year west coast. In 2 years it will be on the east coast. No plan on where it will be in 2 years.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:03 am

Thanks Kassandra for letting me know about the schedule.
      Please take care!-Kim

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:12 am

Your Welcome Kim,

Orlando was one of the next sites mentioned. I would vote for that. We spend a couple of weeks in the fall and most of the winter in Cape Coral. Orlando would be great for the family and friends who attend the symposiums with us. It would encourage others to come.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:15 am

I wish they would have one in New York City. There are alot of us that would love to attend one in NY.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:27 am

Yes!!!!

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 12:28 pm

Hi,
      Brandy and Marge, I’ve wondered about that myself, have they ever had a symposium in New York City???

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 9:55 am

We have looked at NYC and it is way out of our price range.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 10:03 am

[B]Shucks[/B]Kass, that stinks.:( ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

I’d fly to the Symposiums, but I am a white knuckle flyer, have been all my life. I just hate flying. Scares the you know what out of me.