Some Chemo meds can cause peripheral neuropathy!

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hi guys,

Just popping in for a heads up. You all may know it already but what the hay.

I am now going through the cancer experience. I’ve got it on th ebase of my tongue. Never smoked or chewed tobacco. Go figure. One weird disease wasn’t good enough for me!

So I’m now on radiation and chemo meds. Hence the heads up. Apparantly some chemo meds produce mild to severe peripheral neuropathy. Mine (Sysplatin) does not. So if you have the misfortune of needing chemotherapy check it out!

For me, I’m looking at pretty much at 100% success rate so in the meantime I just have to suffer through the therapy.

Cheers!
      Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Best of luck with your cancer treatment Johnny Mac! I hope that you have beat the beast. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
      Laurel

• December 20, 2011 at 4:25 pm

[QUOTE=laurel]Best of luck with your cancer treatment Johnny Mac! I hope that you have beat the beast. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
      Laurel[/QUOTE]
      Seconded, Johnny Mac! It sounds like you have a good attitude, and it’s been my experience that THAT is half the battle. Best wishes from another Mac!