Socks

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 11:26 am

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem I have to wear socks in bed as I can not stand the sheets on my feet even my neurogolyist said you have to wear socks to bed and I said yes. My questions is this how long before I do not have to wear the socks to bed. Thank you Carol

gbs 12-2005

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 1:24 pm

you should wear those hot ugly socks until you could stand on your own, they prevent your veins from delatation, i am wearing them too and where i live is 42°c . what type of GBS you have?

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 1:30 pm

I wear the softest socks I can find. Either I wear socks to bed or turn on a heating pad that goes off after 2 hours. This works well to get me to sleep.

Oh, almost 10 years post for me. So if you find a brand you like, might as well buy their stock :rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 2:01 pm

Sam I have Acute Axonal Motor Neuropathy and my Dr said that it was the worst he had ever saw.
      As for socks I wear a size 4 shoe and socks are had to find I have some I like real well but they are out and will not order them for me I tried to explain,but they look like you are nuts.Carol

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 6:34 pm

I was always a sock wearer. For a while in the hospital, I couldn’t wear them at all because my whole body was just too hot. Now, after that resolved itself, I am back to wearing them all the time. I have been that way since I was a kid growing up in an old drafty farm house. Old habits die hard. 😀

Tonya Correll