Socks for winter leg pain??

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Here comes winter hand in hand with rain that cause me relentlessness calf behind the knee pain. The kind that is like someone choking off the circulation and then the fire comes. Have any of you found a sock or stocking that will help?? Maybe I can psyche my mind into thinking my leg is so warm it can’t be frozen.

If you have any special remedies that have helped you please let me know too.
      Many thanks,
      LimeKat

• November 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm

what about “diabetic” socks? They are made high to come up over your calves, suppose to aid in circulation,and I would think they should be warm, since diabetics are prone to cold feet. Plus they’re sold quite reasonably priced at most wal*mart etc type stores.
      I also remember seeing socks with little heaters built in if you want to get real high tech— i believe it may have been on ski wear sites. if you google socks for skiing or cold out door weather they should come up. Lori

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2011 at 12:39 am

You could also try those thin stretchy knee highs under and wool calf high outer. The two sock approach will insure both wicking away moisture and that wonderful warm insulation.
      If you go to a sporting goods store, ask for the thin hiking socks. Campers use them all the time for the two sock system. They should fit skin tight and come up to your knees. They shouldn’t be too expensive either, at least as compared to the compression stockings.

Take care
      Dick S