Social Security Disability for Stem Cell Transplant

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2011 at 10:18 am

Another thread led me to more fully explore the ssa.gov/disability web site where I saw this:

“…B. Stem cell transplantation as described under 14.00E3. Consider under a disability until at least 12 months from the date of transplantation. Thereafter, evaluate any residual impairment(s) under the criteria for the affected body system.”

and then, under 14.00E3:

“3. Immune deficiency disorders treated by stem cell transplantation.

a. Evaluation in the first 12 months.If you undergo stem cell transplantation for your immune deficiency disorder, we will consider you disabled until at least 12 months from the date of the transplant.

b. Evaluation after the 12-month period has elapsed.After the 12-month period has elapsed, we will consider any residuals of your immune deficiency disorder as well as any residual impairment(s) resulting from the treatment, such as complications arising from:”

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I guess I need to get myself into some gear. First speed [or low] will have to do for now.
      Good resources!

• Anonymous
      September 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm

A reminder.

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Yuehan,
      Thank you for this info, it may come in handy for me and others, of course, in the future!:)