Severe GBS and now CIDP

• November 23, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Hi all,

I’m currently being treated with IVIG treatments every six weeks 3 days a week for four hours a day for CIDP having had a servere case of GBS in 2004/2005. I had recovered from GBS with just experiencing daily tiredness and neuropathy in my feet. This year I had gall bladder surgery in March and just haven’t got back on top of things with difficulty eating and lots of weight loss. I have reflux also so that doesn’t help.

Anyway my neurologist said I would be feeling much better after my first set of IVIG but it seems to be a slow better. I guess I have forgotten how slow recovery is. It is just the fatigue and the brain fog. I’m on Neurotin, Paxil, Achiphex and Ambien so that probably doesn’t help much. How are those of you with CIDP after GBS coping with the fatigue. I can cope with the neuropathy which is over my knees now and in my fingers but it is the fatigue that is hard. I wish my brain would function better. I think the hardest part is not being able to go far from home and be independent like I used to be.

Anyone else have CIDP after GBS.

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm

I too went from GBS to CIDP. Iam waiting on Treatment. supposed to start IVIG in a week or two. I am still “numb” from the chin down. i use a quad cane or foreaerm crutches depending on how far and where i am going. fatigue is a real problem for me as well as brain fog. Some days i am so tired that i have to get in a nap. I work part time 10 hours a week. Otherwise i go to the gym 3 days a week to work out.