Seeing neurologist soon

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Hey guys, so I’m going to be seeing my neurologist next week about my fatigue and dizziness. I am going to confirm that it is indeed due to the GBS I had back in summer 2005. Based on your experiences post-GBS, do you have any idea what he might do? As far as testing and ruling stuff out? For example, do an MRI to rule out things that may cause the dizziness? Anything you guys can think of would be awesome. And I want to say thank you to all of you. Its really comforting to have a place to be able to express worries and just talk about experience and hear from people who have been there. Thank you so much!

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Fatigue plagues many yet there are doctors that suggest no connection to gbs. MRI and Sleep study tests have been given in my case. The sleep study case did reveal a slight sleep problem. The MRI revealed no significant information. See the following regarding residue fatique.

SUMMER 2005 MEDICAL ISSUE of The Communicator is an article entitled Fatigue in Guillain-Barré Syndrome. Use the following link: [url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/news/2005/index.html[/url]

I have not had any experence with the second part of your question.

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2007 at 8:03 pm

[QUOTE=Stevieboy]Hey guys, so I’m going to be seeing my neurologist next week about my fatigue and dizziness. I am going to confirm that it is indeed due to the GBS I had back in summer 2005. Based on your experiences post-GBS, do you have any idea what he might do? As far as testing and ruling stuff out? For example, do an MRI to rule out things that may cause the dizziness? Anything you guys can think of would be awesome. And I want to say thank you to all of you. Its really comforting to have a place to be able to express worries and just talk about experience and hear from people who have been there. Thank you so much![/QUOTE]
      I am 9 months post dx and also experience some dizziness and lot of fatigue also. My legs and feet hurt really bad and I have tried about everything. I think it is natural with gbs from what I have read and experienced. Hang in there and take it one day at a time and be thankful for the things you can manage to do. F.

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2007 at 8:48 pm

I had dizziness for many months post GBS and still have waves of it from time to time. Two neurologists told me it had nothing to do with GBS but had no explanations-I know in my gut it was from GBS and I think it is a good idea to remember that there is so much of this disease doctors still don’t know about. It is not a bad idea to have other tests but I have heard from many who do experience dizziness post GBS-good news is it does get better for many. You are young and hopefully your body will heal all the damaged nerves which will help a great deal with fatigue and dizziness. I hope your meeting with the neurologist goes well. Jeff

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2007 at 2:10 am

stevie,

here is another good article on pain & fatigue. it’s the original [first] post on the thread. you should print out both of these articles & present them to your neuro. take care. be well.

[url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40&highlight=parry[/url]

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2007 at 10:37 am

I just saw my neurologists yesterday as I have been having a whole host of new symptoms and progression of old symptoms – so much as I thought perhaps GBS was returning. Now, I am going to have another MRI of the brain, somatosensory evoked potential of upper and lower extremities and a visual evoked response test. The concern is due to the asymmetrical features of my current symptoms – all left side. Now during the GBS/MFS my left was more involved than my right, but my right hand and foot definitely had the tingling and weakness.
      This whole process is a double edge sword in my opinion. I want the tests to show nothing, but then that doesn’t help solve the reasoning behind my ill-functioning left side! Then there is always the chance the tests will show something you really don’t want to see! 😮
      Good news out of yesterday’s visit, I have two more arm reflexes that have returned! I could actually feel them! 🙂 Still no reflexes in kness or ankles.

Michelle
      GBS/MFS March 2006

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Hi Michelle,

I don’t have GBS, but my brother does — so I’m participating in this forum on his behalf.

I wanted to tell you that I understand your dilemma about wanting the tests to reveal what’s going on… but wanting the tests to say that every thing’s OK / normal.

I think it’s best to be informed — so I think the testing is a good idea — and if it’s not so good news — well, then at least you know what you are dealing with and can develop your plan for how you’re going to treat it.

I wish you the best…

Jann