rx for burning feet

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2007 at 12:09 am

Hi All: Some of you may know this already but a great compound for helping burning feet and hands is amitryp-baclo 2%/2%. It is an ointment you need a prescription from your doctor for and a speciality pharmacy to make it, but it helps me within seconds and lasts for hours and I have pretty bad burning. Just got a new supply today so thought I would share the info. Here in Colorado we are getting our third snowstorm in as many weeks so am hiding inside for a while. Best to all, Jeff

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2007 at 6:44 pm

thanks Jeff: I have terrible burning feet and it begins every day about 2 pm till after bedtime. I will try your remedy. I am ready to try anything and sure hopes it works for me. I have tried several things without success. Frank

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Hi Frank-Let me know how it works. I hope well as I know how bad the feet can get. Jeff

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 10:54 am

Hi Jeff,

Been wondering about you knowing you are in the snow capital of the world now???

I usually wake up in the middle of the night with my feet burning. Most of the time it takes a couple of hours for them to calm down. This messes with my sleep schedule big time. I may ask my doctor next time I go for this ointment as walking on cold tile floor only helps so much. Of course then my feet return to their ice cold nature and back on with the heating pad.

Thanks for the info.!

P.S. Had a neat dream about clothes shopping and this old man at the counter bought my clothes for me (father just died so I relate it to that), but one of the things I had was a gold night robe. That robe is standing out in my memory. Hmmmm…

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Hi Chrissy: Neat dream. Gold is usually about the things we value the most. I hope the ointment helps-it certainly helped me. I am surviving the snow, but walking on ice and snow with a cane makes me a bit nervous. No falls yet though. we have really been hit hard and some basic services, like garbage pick up and package deliveries are still not working but in the city we are better off than the ranchers who really got slammed. More snow predicted on Thursday but hope it won’t be much. Jeff

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Thanks for that info Jeff! I have that too, but do you have the constant ache. Especially in the heel area? Mine can last up to 2 days!

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 5:49 pm

Hi: Yes I can have a lot of pain in my heel. My doctor told me it was most likely Plantar fasciitis and gave me stretching exercises which help some. If I am on my feet too long they hurt and burn. The ointment helps the burning but not the aching which only rest helps for me. Good luck. Jeff

• January 7, 2007 at 6:12 pm

This sounds like the perfect prescription to ask my doctor for. And I am lucky enough to know where there is a compounding pharmacy.

Unfortunately I could not google any info on “amitryp-bacio”. Is there any other information on the box? Brand name of the ingredients in the compound?

I like to take my doctor a print out of what I am asking for so that I am sure the two of us are discussing the same thing. Somethimes my “patient English” is not his “doctor English”.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention,
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 8:08 pm

hi Flossie: Unfortunately I know nothing more about this stuff. For me it comes in tubes that allow you to squirt it onto your foot so there is nothing written. My doctor knew immediately what I was talking about though so hopefully others will as well. Jeff