Results of driving Eval

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 1:26 pm

I thought I did great but must go back as I did lousy on the memory section.. Was not even aware that was a big deal. They were real nice , I have now been given the choice of DMV or OT .. I chose OT as the DMV will probally just snatch my liscense.. How do I improve on the memory part?? Any IDEA???

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 2:39 pm

do sudoku puzzles. work crosswords, kids dot to dots, even kid math and reading books help. playing card games or going to games online and doing them, i like msn games. have fun while working your mind.:)

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 3:50 pm

Have you checked out Pogo.com yet? They have so many games on there.
      Nate plays them all the time. It helps keep your mind sharp and it just plain fun.
      Trudy, natesmom

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 5:55 pm

Are you saying that it was the written part of the driving test you did poorly, also known as the Permit Test? Or is there some other memory test that I am not aware of? My license was revoked 3 months after I came down with CIDP, as it was up for renewal & I couldn’t walk, nor did I have any use of my hands. That was in Nov of 2002. In order to get it back again in Feb of 2004, I had to retake the permit test as well as the driving test (with a letter from my neuro stating he thought I could drive again.) BTW I live in MN.

I knew I could pass the permit test, as I had taught driver’s ed before I got sick, so I knew the book backwards & forwards. I was worried about the actual driving test as I wear AFOs & have partially numb feet. Luckily I knew the two routes really well that they use from taking my students through it. But has your license actually been revoked or expired? Because if it hasn’t, I would suggest having someone take you on some dirt roads & make the determination youself if you can actually still drive safely. It might be better not to go through the route of the DMV at all.

• Anonymous
      March 23, 2007 at 1:05 am

A great website I enjoy is “Jigzone”. It’s all kinds of puzzles to put together. I started out with the basic 6 piece and 12 piece and I have moved on to the classic 20 piece. I am improving better and better each week now. It’s good for your brain and excellent for your eyes and co-ordination (the puzzles are timed) 🙂 Good luck!

• Anonymous
      March 23, 2007 at 1:24 pm

They said sentences and asked me questions about what they said. then they showed me signs and asked me questions.. Also there was a tapping test, they said my cognitives skill were slow and I confused what they said and I could not do things in the order they said.. I thought I did it right?? But my wife has been complaining about my memory for some time but the neurolgist says that would have nothing to do with CIDP… Anyway They have now sceduled me for a one on one with a ot to see if the noise of 4 or 5 people made a difference and I will see my doctor first to see if my MEDS could be affecting me… Anyway I did not drive a simulator of anything they are leaving that to the DMV as you can always take another test there. but no nothing about the permit test they know I know how to drive they do not think my reflexes are safe I guess.. Now it sounds like they think I will be one of those people who goes off and get lost and is found dead out in the woods with no gas in the car.. I am so upset .. I do not want to lose my liscense of be a burden to my wife.. Though she claims I’ve been a burden since she married me LOL /thanks for the input