Requip?

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 12:01 am

I am almost 2 1/2 yrs post GBS and have sleep apena due to severe leg movement. My physician prescribed Requip. Is anyone currently taking [U]Requip[/U] for RLS or for cloines? I am interested in any feedback on benefits/side effects of [U]Requip.[/U]

Vicki
      GBS May 2005

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 8:34 pm

Vicki, Requip won’t do anything for your sleep apnea, it only calms the restless legs, which has nothing to do with your breathing issues. I just read that apnea can be made worse after gbs/cidp. My hubby had restless legs and sleep apnea until he had surgery on his nose/throat last dec. The surgery cured his apnea, well at least he doesn’t snore alot now and is only stop breathing 14 times an hour verses 116. The requip does help, side effects can be drymouth, diah/constipation, dizziness, and there are more-goodsearch medscape and check out the med and its side effects. I have sleep apnea also, since my initial event, sometimes its bad and sometimes I hardly notice it. Check with an Ent, Nose Throat dr for or try those breathright strips-non evasive. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Vicki,
      I take Requip for RLS and I works. I also have sleep apnea. I use a C-Pap to help with the sleep apnea. It “forces” air through the nose to keep me breathing when I stop. It doesn’t take that long to get use to and it help me sleep. My wife loves it. When I use it I do not snore. 🙂