Request for Good Neuro in NorCal

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 11:03 am

Hi Everybody,
      I was hoping that someone could recommend a good Neurologist in my area. I live in the Bay Area of Northern California (near San Jose). I have already seen 2 neurologists. The first doc was completely incompetant – refused to test me despite my insisting on it, and laughed at me when I suggested GBS. The second Neuro confirmed GBS dx but refused to give me treatment.
      He wouldn’t even prescribe anything for the pain. He told me I had a mild case and I it would go away on its own. Now, months later,
      I am now having some similar (perhaps residual?) problems and I don’t want to waste any more time with docs that have no experience with GBS.
      I would really appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction.
      Thnx.

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 11:17 am

Send a PM to gene, he keeps a list of good Neuros and may have one for your area.

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 4:40 pm

[QUOTE=girlster]Hi Everybody,
      I was hoping that someone could recommend a good Neurologist in my area. I live in the Bay Area of Northern California (near San Jose). I have already seen 2 neurologists. The first doc was completely incompetant – refused to test me despite my insisting on it, and laughed at me when I suggested GBS. The second Neuro confirmed GBS dx but refused to give me treatment.
      He wouldn’t even prescribe anything for the pain. He told me I had a mild case and I it would go away on its own. Now, months later,
      I am now having some similar (perhaps residual?) problems and I don’t want to waste any more time with docs that have no experience with GBS.
      I would really appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction.
      Thnx.[/QUOTE]
      Hi,

I live in San Jose and have a reasonably competent Neuro. Unfortunately he is under Kaiser Permanente insurance and practices out of the Santa Teresa hospital. Please contact me for more information or if you want to call and chat.

Thanks,
      Walt

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 5:39 pm

girlster,

this is the only one i have for north ca. take care. be well.

Santa Cruz – Dr. Michael Gansauer Santa Cruz Medical Clinic 831-476-8900

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength