remedy for hand/feet problems.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Had GBS year and a half ago, now if I am not careful my hands and feet will get severly cold. Just wanted to offere a possible soloution that i love. I put some rice in a bag, or sock and put it in the microvwave for a few minutes. It gets the circulation back and it helps reduce the pain.

Just thought I would offer and idea.

Brittaney

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2009 at 12:11 am

Well that is a neat idea! I think I am going to try that out. Will grab one of my socks though and won’t use my husbands old socks! LOL! My poor husbands feet are a mess! He sweats so bad where he stands all day and his feet smell so bad when he comes home. Then he has this terrible habit of rolling the socks up and then I have to unball them to place them in the washing machine. PEW! I have to use Clorox and soak in the washing machine a half hour just to get the smell out. Using cold water does not get the smell out either. Have to use hot scalding water. But my socks are clean and white and smell fresh! LOL! Thought you could use a laugh! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2009 at 3:52 pm

I have used a rice sock before, it made my hands hurt in a weird way. Rice is very pointy so make sure you use a thicker sock. Thanks for the reminder Brittany.

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2009 at 8:44 am

TMI Linda.

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Last night I actually tried one out but double socked it so you could not feel the rice grains. It actually felt pretty darn good! Only used my socks though and refuse to use my hubbies! ROFL! You think his socks are bad! We are constantly buying him new shoes every month. 12 pairs of shoes a year. I have tried baking soda, foot powder, foot deodorant and they still are smelly! He stands on his feet alot all day and his feet get sweaty. Even took him to the doctors to see if he had a foot problem but they claim it’s his socks. He wears two pairs of socks a day so it won’t hurt his feet standing and that causes moisture and sweating.
      Bu he tries and works so hard! I still love him even if he has smelly feet! Just not cheap buying him shoes every month. 😀
      That rice sock felt really great! Even better than a heating pad or hot water bottle. Fits snug to the area that hurts! Thanks!
      Linda H