Relocation question

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2009 at 12:35 am

My wife and I are considering relocating to the Texas panhandle/eastern NM/southeast Co. area and are wondering if there are any good neuro’s out that way. Thanks for any advice.

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2009 at 12:21 am

hey i’m sending you a private message

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2009 at 12:28 am

Hi Kthiemann! I don’t really know of anyone out there but I think Gary on the forum lives in Texas and might be the one to ask. Also looking up Neuro’s online and maybe calling one might just give you a lead in seeing one. Another option is to get your Neuro now that you see to refer you to one. The doctor you see now might be your best option for he normally has access to the doctors in that area and knows what field or specialty to look up leading you to the right doctor!
      I have learned with my illness that their is a Neuro and then there is the Neuro but some of them specialize in one disease more than others. If you get the wrong kind of Neuro that does not treat patients like us that much might be more harm than good. At least give your regular Neuro a chance to find a good one for you! Then your not stuck like me when I moved going from doctor to doctor trying to get treatment. Which caused me major headaches and hassles. And I got worse instead of better. Now I have the right doctors but suffered a good 6 years trying to get the proper treatment.
      If I ever move again, I plan on getting a referral from my doctors so I won’t be in the dark ever again! Hope this helps and welcome to the site! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2009 at 3:01 pm

doctor networks! Pick your neuro’s brains…I bet he/she will contact a lot of peers to find out WHO in that area is on their wavelength. Ask your GP and any other docs you have as well. They WILL get back to you because their reps are on the ‘line’ as well in all referrals.
      Check out the board of this organziation and other neuropathy groups as well… you will be surprised at what you can find! Pay special attention to their medical advisory committees or the like as well. Lots of names will come up again and again. That doesn’t necesarily mean that they are the best, but to see an associate of theirs might mean that you are getting a #2 type person willing to try harder. Also? Check out who your medical plan will cover… that can make one BIG difference overall in terms of medical support and treatments! This part can be harder to figure out than all the rest, depending on what coverage[s] you have. But it is a critical cost factor in the overall picture of things.
      Good luck, now get on the phone and start calling!

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I would do like linda said, go for a solid referral and not just a name.

That location of the country is not know for medical achivement. its cattle country. there are alot on the site from Texas but I can’t remember where.

you may need to travel down to Dallas or go into Oklahoma City. Is it for work? if so you may not have a choice but.

Good Luck There.–tim–