Raw Eggs ?

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 2:30 pm

Okay I know I am going to get lectured for this one but it is a serious question. My children and I are big dough eaters, cookie dough, cake batter, noodle dough, pizza dough. Anyway you get the picture. Well, late last night I was thinking, most of these have raw eggs in them, now I know there are many reasons not to eat raw eggs but I was wandering how tihs would affect GBS? Do you think it would be a big no no..

ok guys, I’m fair game, go ahead and lecture…:D

Love ya’s

Sherry
      aka: stormy

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 3:54 pm

Other than the normal food poisoning factor I don’t see why it should effect the GBS unless you are allergic to eggs.

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 7:00 pm

hi sherry,

all gbsers should never eat any kind of egg other than scrambled dry. if any raw egg contains j. campylobacter… take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 8:10 pm

No lecture, but please remember that there are numerous reasons not to ingest any raw animal product! Why take any chances?
      To your family’s health 😉

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 8:20 am

are we the only crazy people out there who eats cookie dough? what about the cookie dough they put in ice cream? I know they obviously can’t be using raw eggs in the mix. mannnn I have to give up one of my favorite things, as well as the rest of the family. I think I will swear off of eggs for a while. :p maybe i’ll switch to something healthier like potatoe chips, chocolate and pepsi for breakfast…oh yea!:D

take care guys

sherry

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 11:01 am

Hi,

Seven months into my ordeal, while in a resthome, through no asking on my part, I recieved a flu vaccine shot. Since out of those places, I’ve eaten chicken, and a variety of eggs cooked in some way, at least once a week for 7 years now. Even some occassional cookie dough. I’ve had 5 major operations during this time, a blood clot in the lung, a herniated disc, and numurous other little issues and distractions. Not once has my GBS recovery been remotly comprimised. Because of fatigue, recovering from other things hits harder, but that’s about it. I can sure say I tempted, or pushed the envolope, on this issue a bit, and could certainly add needless drama to my life over all that, but it’s just common sence. Take precautions with cooking and everything else really. When you know your machine, and you calculate and acknowledge the risks involved in any task, danger doesn’t enter the equation. I won’t swear off life, and this is just my expeiance with it.

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 7:07 pm

Hey Sherry,

I wouldn’t recommend (I never remember how to spell that stupid word) raw eggs to anyone. I watch the food network, and Rachel Ray was showing how to make no-cook icecream on her show. Since she used raw eggs for the icecream, she said that young children and older adults might not want to eat it. Looked like a great recipe, but I’ll never make it. As for chicken, and you may remember my posts on this, Ben and I were at a party last fall, and he was eating chicken from KFC. I don’t know if it was undercooked or had just been sitting out for too long, but the next day, he was back in the hospital for an overnight stay. The doctor said that since he had had GBS, he was more susceptable to the campy thing from the chicken, and they wanted to observe him. He ended up being just fine, and I was able to collect him within 24 hours. It didn’t phase him one bit because he still eats chicken, but I examine every bite he eats to make sure it isn’t pink. (It really annoys him too, I should add. Haha.)

Hugs babe!

Shan

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 10:00 pm

thanks guys..i know we should all use common sense and of course i do but sometimes i just gotta be a rebel and break the rules…:cool: so unfortunatley i will probably still eat cookie dough.

hey shannon happy birthday today..tell ben hello, and please keep checking his chicken.

sherry

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 10:52 pm

wow when I first glanced at that I thought she said to keep “choking his chicken” lol

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2006 at 3:15 pm

oh jerimy…i knew someone would have to say that…:p thanks for the laugh..

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2006 at 10:18 pm

Does eating chickens & eggs affect on us? This is something new info for me. I don’t remember reading any threads on what to eat and not.

Thnx Sherry for opening the subject. Also thnx Jene and Judy for info.

What about Milk which is also an animal product? I regularly consume a cup of boiled milk every morning. Though it seems it did not affect me, but why to take chance? Should we stop eating such type of food?

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2006 at 10:21 pm

hi sandeep
      there is a bacteria in chicken that is associated with gbs. you must make sure your chicken is cooked extremely well and the same with egg products. Milk is not an issue. I love milk so I also drink a lot of it.

take care and be well

sherry

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 8:32 am

[QUOTE=Jerimy]wow when I first glanced at that I thought she said to keep “choking his chicken” lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, cute. Very cute.

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 8:28 pm

Jerimy ~ seeing the funny ~ you’re great 😀

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Go ahead and eat the cookie dough…..but eat it before you add the eggs! Eggs can be added at the end. Look at the label on the Ice cream it might not even contain eggs?