Question for all Military Non Active or Active?

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2008 at 10:05 am

Was going to ask you all a question here but someone answered it for me! So never mind about what I was going to ask! I decided to edit my posting so the question is no longer posted! Sorry!

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 1:02 am

Hi Linda,

I for one would like to know the question and the answer. Would you be willing to share it with us.

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 1:45 am

Yeah, me too 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 7:08 am

I can’t go into much details but my son is in the Navy. The job he does requires 6 months sea duty and 6 months shore duty. He has been on leave recently and had 2 months to go before heading out to sea again. But got called in early to sea duty.
      I just could not understand why he would get called in early by 2 months if it was not his time to go in? I guess it’s because of giving other soldiers early leave because many have not had their leaves yet. They got many of them over in Iraq and Afghanistan and the poor guys are barely getting their leaves, so that might be what the cause is.
      Either that or he is on his way to Georgia helping that country with humanitarian aid. It will be next spring before I see him again! Maybe longer depending on where he is going.
      Very hard having a son in the military right now. Me and I think every parent that has a child in the military worries alot about our children. Even though my son is no longer a child and now a grown man. He’s still my child and alway’s will be. So it’s hard dealing with.
      If our world was at peace with each other and there was no wars going on. I would not worry about him being in the service. But seeing the news everyday and finding one more fallen soldier being flashed on TV. Everytime I see that a lump gather’s up in my throat.
      I just hope all this mess in our world right now will end soon and see our military back on US soil! Me and most likely all the other parents too!

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Um, I think some of my prescription medications are causing me to suffer from confusion. It’s very frustrating.
      Peace,
      Flower

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Linda,

I can certainly understand your worry & fear. A good friend of ours has an adult son who is in the Air Force. This is his 3rd tour in Iraq. She got a phone call the other night that he was hurt but will be ok. She’s been a wreck since the day he left.

It’s hard to have your child be in the war zone. I can’t imagine going through it myself. You are as much of a hero as your son is!

I’m guessing that the military is sending extra troops out to deal with the Russia/Georgia situation. They probably want to have the Navy in the area. Is he on a sub?

I’ll say a prayer that your son comes back quickly.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Yes! He is on a submarine. I’m really proud of him! When he first joined the Navy, I expected they would send him back home in two weeks and fail the Boot Camp Training. He sure fooled me! He graduated at the top of his class.
      When he told me they were sending him to Submarine School. I said to myself he will never pass! Again he fooled me! He graduated at the top of his class! 😀 He’s pretty smart! Very inteligent! I just worry about him like every other parent that has a child in the Military right now! He’s serving his country and I honor that. But me being a parent. I worry!

• August 28, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Linda,
      I cannot even imagine what you feel. I appreciate all that your son and all of the courageous men and women do for us. I will pray for your son and all of the heros. Thank you for your families sacrafice.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 12:19 am

The military men and women have made so many sacrifices and continue to do so hour by hour. I am so thankful for there dedication and the service they provide. My heart and prayers are with you and your special son.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 12:30 am

Yes it has been a sacrifice. Many wifes, children and parents all sitting back waiting to hear from their loved ones. My son is going on 6 years in the Navy. And out of those 6 years, I have only seen 1 Christmas with him. No Thanks-givings just yet. I alway’s send him money for Christmas and Thanks-giving. That way if he can, he gets to enjoy some time doing something. Not too much to do on a Sub though.
      He say’s the guys that get their breaks, end up reading alot and playing cards. Some have those hand held video games and they all trade games with each other. The first time he went out on a sub, he knew nothing and told me he almost went nuts not having anything to do on his free time. So I always mail him Science Fiction and Fantasy books. Batteries for his games and a new deck of cards! Plus I send him a bunch of candies and treats.
      I could never do what he does! Not seeing above water for 6 months. It would drive me crazy. They had a whale one time plow into them. Huge whale at that! Rocked the sub! That would have been scary! But he did not see the whale. No windows to see out of! His commander said it was a whale. Might not have been one and could have been something else they hit! And the commander told them whale to keep them from going into panic.
      By what I have been told! Most Navy personel don’t want Submarine jobs because of the not seeing anything. Being out to sea under water. No contact with family members much at all! They do get emails though and we are allowed to send emails. But most of the time they get them later on when they have come up out of the water. He sends me pictures alot!
      But it’s not like having them home! He likes his job though and told me he wanted to retire in the Navy! So I guess I have to except his wishes. I am happy for him is he is happy! That is what is important. As long as he is happy! Then I am happy for him.