Question about CIDP and Swank Diet?

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Hey guys ….i know we have had threads in the past about diet and cidp with most of us having little sucess. So since there’s so little info about cidp on the net i’ve been researching a close disease to ours….Multiple Sclerosis and when you research MS diet sucess stories i see alot of the Swank Diet. Basically its very low amounts of fat as he (roy swank) theorizes that high/moderate amounts of fat somehow affects the metabolism of the body and the immune cell response to myelin and they claim that just going super low fat can really help. They even have a forum with a sucess stories threads and posters there swear that this has helped them. I also realize that cidp is not ms either.

Has anyone here ever tried that or have any thoughts about it one way or the other. Anyway after 11 years of this cidp i’m willing to try different approaches as long as its not glyconutrients or the cure all end all product(s) etc..etc…

ericc…..

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2007 at 11:50 pm

Please go to Cidpusa.org and look at the diet recemendations remember that myelin is made up of mostly fat.I for one ,from what Iknow ,wouldtry to include more good fat in my diet (omega3)