Q.: What do Mt. Fuji and CIDP have in common?

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:12 am

[B][FONT=Arial]Q.: What do [/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial]Mt.[/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial]Fuji[/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial] and CIDP have in common?[/FONT][/B]
      [B][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/B]
      [B][FONT=Arial]A.: Sharon R. Horne[/FONT][/B]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]I wanted to give some hope to my fellow CIDP “family members.” I had acute GBS 29 years ago at the age of 14. At 18, I converted to CIDP. Throughout the next 35 years, I’ve been on my “sticks,” cane or wheelchair for months at a time. I do appreciate my remissions, as I’m sure ya’ll do, too! I would like to ask for your prayers on 2 August, as I face my biggest physical challenge yet; I am attempting to [/FONT][FONT=Arial]climb[/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Mt.[/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Fuji[/FONT][FONT=Arial] !!! You will all be with me, and if my CIDP/GBS family would like to email me your name, I would love to write it on the shirt that I will wear on the climb. Just knowing that ya’ll are with me in spirit will be the greatest inspiration for me. Thank you all so much, and wish me luck on 2 August!! [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]Thank you so much for your support…my husband just asked me today why I felt the need to attempt to conquer [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]Fuji[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]. The only answer I could think of was to prove to myself that I could do it, or at least make the best attempt possible. Like others, I’ve been told for so many years that there were so many things that I couldn’t do because of my CIDP, although I’ve never handled myself with kid gloves, much to the chagrin of my family !! This climb is not only for me, however…I am dedicating it to every person with GBS/CIDP. You are all going up the summit with me and my victory will be yours, too. To all, thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes!! See you at the top !![/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]Sharon R. Horne[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR]

You go Sharon!! We will all be with you. We will be posting all updates that Sharon sends us and she has promised us pictures. Please keep her in your thoughts and hopefully she will make it to the summit. She is an inspiration to all GBS and CIDP people for attempting such a physical challenge.

GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:12 am

[B][FONT=Arial]Q.: What do [/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial]Mt.[/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial]Fuji[/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial] and CIDP have in common?[/FONT][/B]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]I wanted to give some hope to my fellow CIDP “family members.” I had acute GBS 29 years ago at the age of 14. At 18, I converted to CIDP. Throughout the next 35 years, I’ve been on my “sticks,” cane or wheelchair for months at a time. I do appreciate my remissions, as I’m sure ya’ll do, too! I would like to ask for your prayers on 2 August, as I face my biggest physical challenge yet; I am attempting to [/FONT][FONT=Arial]climb[/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Mt.[/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Fuji[/FONT][FONT=Arial] !!! You will all be with me, and if my CIDP/GBS family would like to email me your name, I would love to write it on the shirt that I will wear on the climb. Just knowing that ya’ll are with me in spirit will be the greatest inspiration for me. Thank you all so much, and wish me luck on 2 August!! [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]Thank you so much for your support…my husband just asked me today why I felt the need to attempt to conquer [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]Fuji[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]. The only answer I could think of was to prove to myself that I could do it, or at least make the best attempt possible. Like others, I’ve been told for so many years that there were so many things that I couldn’t do because of my CIDP, although I’ve never handled myself with kid gloves, much to the chagrin of my family !! This climb is not only for me, however…I am dedicating it to every person with GBS/CIDP. You are all going up the summit with me and my victory will be yours, too. To all, thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes!! See you at the top !![/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#000040][FONT=Arial]Sharon R. Horne[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR]

You go Sharon!! We will all be with you. We will be posting all updates that Sharon sends us and she has promised us pictures. Please keep her in your thoughts and hopefully she will make it to the summit. She is an inspiration to all GBS and CIDP people for attempting such a physical challenge.

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 1:55 pm

I would be glad to have you put my name on your shirt. could you do it this way.
      Ryan T/KD7RQ

Thank you.

What is interesting about Neuropathy is once you get past the idea that you are limited(that is the hard part) you then realize that a whole new world opens up to you. The possibilities are endless.:D 😉

• August 5, 2006 at 4:31 pm

This is awesome news!! I love hearing stories of how others have done what experts would consider impossible. Keep climbing and this IL gal will be cheering you on!! AWESOME!!!

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 4:50 pm

I would be very pleased for you to write my husbands name – George Paul. George lost his battle with axonal motor neuropathy 7 weeks ago and was only 42 when he died. He had the illness for 30 long progressive months and eventually died of respiratory failure. He would have loved to have climbed a mountain and I give you full encouragement to go for it. Take my husband name to the top please……
      Sandra Paul

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:11 am

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 11:56 am

Can’t wait to hear how it went. Any step on Mt. Fuji is a blessing for everyone. Take care Sharon and update us soon.

sherry

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:11 am

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:10 am

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:22 am

Well August 2nd has come and gone and I am wondering how Sharon did on her climb of Mt. Fuji?

Hoping she did great, her inspiration to others with GBS/CIDP is wonderful.:)

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 11:02 am

The information about Sharon was just posted today because we received permission from her yesterday allowing us to post it. We will keep you all informed when we hear from her.
      Barbara Katzman
      Associate Director

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 11:24 am

Thanks Barbara 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 5:48 pm

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!:) Climb your highest mountain!!!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 7:18 pm

What an inspirational story. I hope she does really well. We are all proud.

Debbie