Products: As Seen on TV: Are they worth the money???

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2006 at 12:44 am

Ever been up late at night watching those infomercials wondering if they work or if it is really worth $19.95 plus shipping. Share some of your goofs and success stories with us!

I have seen those ProActive commercials for a long time now and wondered if the product would really work. Movies stars and music sensations swear by it but most of the time are paid for those words!

Katie is a preteen hormonal imbalance (my 12 yr old daughter) getting ready to enter the 7th grade and unfortunately suffers from a [U]bad [/U]case of acne. I did the motherly thing and embarrased her at the doctors office and did everything they suggested EXCEPT starting her on the antibiotic tetracycline that has a side effect of clearing up acne. So, I decided to give this product a try, or I should say Katie gave this product a try AND IT REALLY WORKS!!!! Within days you could see a difference……..No harsh chemicals that burn your skin, no overdrying of the face, just a soft innocent glow that only takes minutes to do every night. I would show before and after pictures but I am afraid I wouldn’t be able to post for a long time!!!!!!!

So, if you ever wondered if this product works it did for my daughter.

Angela

PS…I hope this thread isn’t to close to the line for the administration. I am not selling this product myself and would gain nothing if someone else bought it.

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2006 at 8:54 am

Angela,

When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought was to talk about ProActive! It is absolutely fantastic! So let me tell you how I came to used it.

After moving to the States in May ’97, we lived in Orange County CA for 10 months. My hubby was away on business almost every week, and sometimes for 2 weeks at a time. I didnt know anyone, My parents were thousands of miles away in South Africa, I was in a new country where EVERYTHING was new (washingpowder, different food, cleaning and general household products, different money, driving on the wrong side of the road – absolutely nothing except the basic English we all know). Long story short, we moved to VA 10 months later, our 4th major move in just over a year. I have never suffered from acne, not even as a teen, but because of all the stress I got such bad adult acne on the bottom part of my face. So bad that I didnt want to go out because no make up would cover it. Finally, very loath to do so, I saw the ProActive commercial and realized there was nothing to lose, bought it because I could always send it back. WOW!!! The results came pretty quickly. Initially I used it twice a day, as it got better, I only used it at night. Now, I used the scrub sometimes in the morning. My skin looks like it did before (besides all the extra wrinkles and age spots 😉 ) and as before, I sometimes get comments on how nice my skin looks. Now everytime I see a teenager with acne, all I want to do is give them ProActive to save them some embarressment, but I realize I obviously cant go around doing that 😮 .