Possible CIDP?

• July 29, 2019 at 3:07 am

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with GBS (AMAN type) in 2013, I was 32 at the time. Both legs and arms were badly affected. I spent 2 months in hospital and a further 4 months in rehab, it was almost a year before I was close to my old self again. I was left with some on and off residual nerve pain and the odd what I would call “flare up” where I would feel more intense pain in my lower back, limbs including hands and feet, frequent headaches and pins and needles. A nerve conduction test 2 years later confirmed residual damage remained although it has not impacted my day to day life.

Now to today. For the past week I have been getting on and off prickling sensations in my limbs, hands, feet, back and sometimes face. There is no accompanied numbness or pain but more discomfort from the feeling, it doesn’t feel the same as pins and needles I sometimes get. I do suffer from some mild anxiety and it seems to worsen the more I focus on it. I am trying to arrange an appointment to see my Neuro but no luck yet.

Can anyone comment if this a common sensation for those with CIDP and whether any homemade remedies can help in easing this while I await my appointment.