Positive Affirmations

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2008 at 12:14 am

I thought it would be fun to try something new here. Everyday we read about each others trials and tribulations and there is always someone who responds and makes our day by saying or doing just the right thing. I thought we could start a thread that gave us an opportunity to affirm our feelings about that person/thing.

I’ll start by saying a few things:

Emma I love your sense of humor. It makes me laugh and some days I really need it.

Jim, you are a hoot. I love the way you see things.

Dustdemon…you are so dedicated and loving. I admire how you speak so highly of your wife. ๐Ÿ™‚

Norb, you bring a sense of adventure to my days. I enjoy learning about and from you.

Ken, your photography is absolutely awesome. I hope you do it for a living!

Cheryl, you must be patient to be able to capture the wonderful photos you post.

Bat, I LOVE being called Canada! I think I am going to make that my new nickname! :p

Well, you get the picture. I am not done yet. Dawn, Jules, Stacey, Odd Mother..I’m saving you for another day. Don’t want to overwhelm everyone. ๐Ÿ˜€ I look forward to seeing what every one thinks!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2008 at 12:09 pm

I think this is a great thread let me continue:

Allaug: I like the pictures you post of “your views” and your grandchildren. Makes me want to be there.

Dawn: You are such an advocate for your son. Also give such good advice to others

Julie: your stories are very entertaining. You also make killer breakfasts

Liz: Your courage with moving has given me strength to say if she is willing so can I.

LCala: Your new found attitude is encouraging for all of us.

Lee: Your devotion to your wife and family shows thru.

Veronica (Old Bat) Your sense of humor and joy for living shows thru your posts.

Jamie: Fortunately I hope you are not one of us! (gbs/cidp) but you added much to our forum family.

In memory of Gene: Your wisdom and advice is still a missing item on the forum for all of us.

Jan: Between the humor and the encouragement, you are always there for everyone

I could go on with more too….we do have a great community!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2008 at 1:45 pm

I’m still a newbie here and learning everyone on the forum. But so far those that I have met have been wonderful people. I feel like we have a family here that all get’s along so well with each other and respects each other with dignity.
      Emma and Terry got me in here and I thank them so much for allowing me to join the site and letting me join here. Without them I would have been in limbo. Thanks so much!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Terry-I have to thank you for referring me to this wonderful family and your strength shines through and touches so many.

Canada Jan’83 cyber granny-you have become my rock. I feel like you threw out the liferope to me while I was drowning in the water. You listen and advise and support with a very kind heart.

Norb-your strength and courage and knowledge and stories inspire me to better myself, to ask more questions, get better answers, and just never to give up.

Dawn and Kelly and Gabrielle-thank you for your welcomes and quick answers to all my questions. That means a lot to a new person to the forum.

Jim-you tell some of the best jokes and whenever I am really hurting I look for your posts to add the humor that is lacking in my life.

Ken, Allaug, Angel Cher, and Terry-I have so enjoyed seeing all your pictures.
      Ken, still think the lion is winning in my book for the best shot. But the way you all work your magic with your cameras, I feel like I’m right there with you.

I too have many to mention. Thank you Jan for starting this thread. There truly is a blessing and beauty in every day-just some days have to look harder-but what a great thread Jan to do just that.

Emma

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2008 at 11:15 pm

gene – I miss gene!
      JudiZ – thanks for the welcome, advice and hooking me up with gene for info.
      norb – has been great at answering questions, which he has prob answered more than once, haha.
      cidpvic – thanks for giving me the courage to try out the YMCA for excercise since my physical therapy visits ran out.
      ali – for sharing enlightening articles and info.
      Dawn Kevies Mom and Emily’s mom – your courage as caregivers of children battling this debilitating disease has often kicked my butt back into gear!
      Old Bat and Fairly Odd Mom – your humor is greatly needed and appreciated.

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2008 at 6:05 pm

[INDENT][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2739001351_a1ae61e1ed_t.jpg[/IMG][/INDENT]

I don’t want to miss anybody!

I appreciate and thank you who
      [INDENT][COLOR=”Navy”][LIST]
      [*]Shares your story and problems
      [*]asks for help
      [*]offers your advise and support
      [*]does research and shares your findings
      [*]just reads and listens
      [*]shares your photos and clipart
      [*]plays games
      [*]makes others laugh
      [*]is being playful in the tavern
      [/LIST][/COLOR][/INDENT]

• August 6, 2008 at 7:34 pm

Boy, you guys are awesome!!! If everyone in the world took the time to thank others for their kindness and thoughtfullness, there would be no war, to bad what you guys have is not contagious.
      I want to acknowledge all of you whom we converse with regularly, I especially want to acknowledge Cindy, Kelly, With Hope for all of the help they have given me. You guys really pulled me through some dark times when all this crud started 24 months ago, (Aug. 15 th was the first time he tripped, Oct. firs treatment.)
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2008 at 8:39 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”4″][COLOR=”Blue”]I would like to thank everyone who has help, encouraged, shared their story, given sound advise and share humorous stories. If I tried to mention names, I would leave someone out. So here is my way of saying thank to you all

Jim C[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6923/thankyoucommentgraphic0au9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]]

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 12:24 am

I’m with the others, there are way too many to name and I know I would still be working on the list come next month!! I just want to say Thank You to Everyone for keeping me grounded and for All your contributions to every aspect of this site! And Everyone from The Old site and from Across The Pond!! Especially to Gene and DocDavid!

Great thread Jan!!!:)

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 3:02 am

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”3″]Jan,
      What a wonderful idea, i’d like to add my thanks to all of you who have made me laugh and cry, sometimes both at once!

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/oldbat2ccats/Applause.gif[/IMG]

There have been times when i felt i just couldn’t cope with all that life had thrown my way since my dx last summer, but then i’d go visit with my cyber family and friends and invariably come away with a smile in my heart and an (off-key) song on my lips.
      Thank you all a million times[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 7:52 am

I’ll add my thanks to everyone for helping me realize that sometimes I will feel sorry for myself and that’s ok, for helping me cope with the denial and acceptance, for encouraging me when I feel like a less than desirable person, helping me to focus on the truly important things and also Thanks for picking me up when I need a lift and always being here no matter what I’m going thru.

All of you make a difference. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Stacey

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 11:51 am

I agree with Norb, I don’t to want leave anyone out. I will sum it up by saying thank you again for this thread Jan, it is a positive thread in so many discouraging ones. That is what I like about this forum-that you can read some pretty heavy stuff here, but I also learn so much and then when I need to lighten my mood up I can come here or laugh with the jokes, or admire the pictures and sit for hours, if I want to, to be entertained and enlightened. There is always someone to greet you after a long, bad day or share a happy moment. It feels like coming home. A real good place to be.:)

Emma

• August 7, 2008 at 1:07 pm

I thank each and every one of you for the support you have given over the past 2 years. When I feel alone and helpless, I know I can come here and find a shoulder to lean on. I have learned so much from each of you and I appreciate each piece of knowledge, the smiles, the tears, the small moments in life we are able to share with each other. I keep everyone here in my prayers and wish I could make it all go away and we would be ‘normal’ again.

Thank you so much for everything! It feels good to be accepted and appreciated.

~Lori

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2008 at 10:38 am

I am so glad you are all appreciating this thread. I hope you continue to use it over the coming months/years. I too am afraid of leaving people out, and new people join us all the time. I hope though, that when some one in particular gives your day a boost, you will acknowledge that here. It helps all of us to know and understand what best supports, when we hear that positive feedback. Then we can follow through and carry that forward as we support others. Again, thanks for joining me here in telling others how great they are.

Stacey, I admire your honesty and courage.

Connor’s Mom- you are a great mother and that shows through your posts. Connor is a lucky young man!

Dawn–what a great advocate you are for Kevin. We could all learn a lesson from you.

Alice and Linda, thanks for being so open as new people on the forum.

Will add more later. God bless you all. You make me feel valued, supported and I truly have made some friends here.

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2008 at 9:57 am

KIT- thanks for your good advice and kind words.

JanB-your strength and support are amazing.

Home again-I really enjoy reading your post, You are so knowledgable and give such good advise.

Julie-I love your stories and your Tavern breakfasts are great!

Jan’83- You are so much fun. You are always here to welcome someone new, with all the knowledge you have to answer questions, encouragement and support, or add someone to your prayer list, or send a hug.

Thank you everyone for all you have done for me.
      Emma