Adina

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Adina,
      Thanks you for sharing.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Adina,
      That was so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us. Having had a very severe case of CIDP myself, I could really identify with what your mother went through. How hard I fought, how I let them try any treatments on me, over & over again, when to be truthful I did not care whether I made it or not, I felt that sick & the pain was unbearable. I do not know your mother’s age, but I was only 48 at the time, just not ready to give up. I knew my husband & 3 children were not ready either, so every day at Mayo I let the transport team take me for more procedures, more tests, more infusions.

Even six years later, though I can walk (with AFOs & a cane), though I have much of the use of my hands back & have been making & serving every Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, birthday dinners, etc. for this entire family again, they will never know how exhausted I am, they could never begin to understand this kind of fatigue. My heart goes out to your mother, I can understand her fight, & know how much she wishes she could be with you today, no matter how much pain & fatigue.
      Blessings, Pam

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2008 at 9:34 am

Adina, The poem tells us how much you loved your mother.
      Thanks for sharing it.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2008 at 10:35 am

Adina,
      Wonderful poem. It brings back memories of my own mother and her sufferings with health issues.
      thank you for sharing your poem

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2008 at 10:41 am

Adina,

Thank you for sharing your poem. Reading, and re-reading it makes me remember how important each day is….