Pneumonia Shot

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 9:32 pm

I had GB in 1991 and still deal with residuals. I developed pneumonia in March 2006 and again 2 weeks ago. This time it was in both lungs and just about did me in. My doctor has recommended the pneumonia shot. Has anyone dealt with this before? I know that I cannot take a flu shot so I am concerned that this may be similar. Thanks for the help.

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 11:27 pm

Who shouldn’t have it?
      Don’t get the vaccine if you are currently sick.
      [url]http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vaccines/ID00016[/url]

For the flu shot Who shouldn’t have it?
      Talk with your doctor about whether it is safe for you to get the flu shot if you:

Are allergic to chicken eggs
      Have had an allergic reaction to a previous dose of the flu vaccine
      Have a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome after previous influenza vaccination

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 11:21 am

It’s always going to be your own personal decision whether to take any vaccine. But I have to add this, I had the pneumonia vaccine and within 2 weeks I developed triple pneumonia,was in the hospital for awhile because of it, the Drs said it was caused by the vaccine. Vaccines don’t always protect the person and can cause more problems.

I don’t take vaccines anymore and neither does most of my family because of what happened to my husband. Also the polio vaccine gave me a severe reaction of being paralyzed from the waist up for 3 days as a child.