Pet Peeves

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 3:26 pm

This thread is the place to air out those pet peeves which you may have. Don’t waste time with the normal sort of pet peeves that we all have, such as the AMC Pacer on concrete blocks in your living room, but try to get some new and interesting peeves which maybe the rest of us are blissfully missing out on.

My pet peeve is egotistical bodies of water, like Lake SUPERIOR, or the GREAT Salt Lake.

or

Don’t you hate it when a lady with an ugly baby stands next to you and everyone thinks the baby is yours and it really is?

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Also, I hate bad art in motel rooms, especially bad [I]performance[/I] art.

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 3:51 pm

And another thing, don’t you hate “nature burgers” with fake grill marks painted on it?

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 4:58 pm

[B]Don’t you absolutly hate when dining out the waiter or waitress has their fingers inside the lip of you dish with their most likely filthy fingers passing their germs on to you and everyone else in the place.:mad: [/B]

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 5:17 pm

My peeve is someone doing shopping while having a long, loud conversation on their cellphones. Acutally what is worse is someone on the plane (before having to turn off all the electronics) having a [B][I]loud [/I][/B]conversation on their cell phone so that everyone knows what they are talking about. The minute the plane lands they turn on the phone again so everyone can hear their [I]very important[/I] conversation. Get a life!

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 10:41 am

Dear Ali:

I have to agree with you about the loud cell phone conversations. If you have to talk that loud, try putting down the phone, and if the person is in the same county, they may still be able to hear you.

If I am to have the priveledge of listening to how important someone thinks they are, them I think I have earned the right to join in on the conversation. If someone around you is forcibly including you in their conversation, then feel free to answer any questions, help clarify points of confusion, and be sure to interject your opinions on how they could improve their lives. For some reason, the conversation is usually cut short when i join in.

Lee

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 10:43 am

I hate those prank phone calls from people selling light bulbs for the blind. Ha Ha! Very funny. You are [I]sick[/I] mister!

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 11:33 am

How about when people blow their nose in a restaurant? Yuck!

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 12:20 pm

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]:mad: This is one thing I hate with a passion those Stupid Chirping Nextel phones. There’s nothing anymore annoying than someone using one in a store the most will have the volume turned all the way up. 😡 So everyone around has to hear their stupid two way conversation. I’d like to see some of these people with duct tape put over their mouths. Their little toy taken away from them., 😡 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2008 at 7:03 am

I would rather have someone go ahead and blow their nose then listen to them sniff their snot every 15 seconds.:D

• February 14, 2008 at 11:25 am

When I talk on phone with my friend and she is in the car and her STUPID seatbelt alarm is beeping the whole time because she doesn’t have it on.
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2008 at 11:04 am

[B]I hate when talking to someone on the phone and they decide to have a conversation with someone in their household and you’re left hanging there until they finish their long conversation.[/B]

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2008 at 3:27 pm

😡 My pet peeve (today) is someone leaving their shopping cart in the parking lot, taking up good parking space or rolling and hitting my car!:eek:

Alma

GBS-MFv 1993 and 2004

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 11:41 am

How about when lazy people use the handicap spaces to park their empty shopping carts. Like the handicapped don’t have enough problems! 😡

GB

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 4:08 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]How about the idiots that park their cars in the space between 2 handicap parking spaces. That area was put there for handicap people to have room enough to get out of their cars. I just saw some idiot do that earlier, in a nearby town. The thing is in most cases the law enforcement in that area doesn’t even watch for things like that. Or people illegally parked in handicap spaces.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 4:45 pm

One of my pet peeves is gimping into the grocery store [read: Wal-Mart] and find that there are no shopping scooters with a charged up battery. And the rest have a sign over the handles saying, “out of order”! Aarrgghh!

Carla

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 6:34 pm

My pet peeve is that there are only four of five handicap parkings spaces [always full] right next to the valet parking at the Cardiac Clinic at one of the local hospital. So guess where you wind up parking. I know we are in a recession, but I didn’t know I was expected to jump start it.:D

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 9:19 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]Excessive packaging.
      These days, just about all packaging seems excessive of course, but I have always felt the[SIZE=”3″] ‘tear here'[/SIZE] label should read[SIZE=”3″] ‘take me out to the chop saw if you really want what’s inside’
      TV commercials that are a gazillion times louder than the program you were just straining forward to hear. There oughta be a law, in fact I thought there was one.[/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 8:51 am

In regards to commercials, my pet peeve is the guy who has to scream to sell me a piece of furniture or a car. If we are truly deaf, we have Closed Captions.” Otherwise, please know I will never buy something from you since you insist on YELLING AT ME!

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Don’t you hate it when you spend all that time and energy child-proofing your house and the little rascals get in anyways?

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2008 at 9:00 am

One of my biggest is people that don’t yeild the right of way. Well, I found out yesterday I am one of them. However, I was yielding when I was on a cross street of a T intersection and legally I have the right of way. No wonder some were upset with me. But I was so sure you ALWAYS yield to the right. Hum!

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2008 at 10:55 am

JEF:

It would be nice if it was all that easy. In Oregon City we have intricate choreographed social routines for deciding who goes first at a four way intersection.

If you arrive first, you get to go first, except if there is someone who has a greater need to go first, then you should be nice and let them go first.

If it’s rainy and there is a bicyclist, the bicyclist gets to go first because they are being environmentally responsible by riding even when it’s raining.

Pedestrians carrying bags or elderly pedestrians get to go first. You should wave at them and smile so that they know you see them. Teenagers with oversized blue jeans hanging at mid-thigh with an overworked belt can just wait till there are no cars in sight. You shouldn’t suffer fools gladly.

If there is a tie, two cars arriving at the same time, then the person who waves the other through first is the nicest and most thoughtful, so other person is oblidged to go first even if they were in no particular hurry and even if they really are polite and thoughtful themselves. We reward people with the fastest reflex actions in Oregon City.

If two people arrive at the intersection at the same time and wave the other through the intersection at the same time, then you should smile and laugh. The first person to roll down the window and yell to other “Please, you go first” is the most polite and the other person is oblidged to go first. Once again, manual dexterity is rewarded in Oregon City.

If you constantly beat someone at the wave through or the roll the window down thing, you are obligated to make it up to them by inviting them to a barbeque dinner during the summer.

So JEF, it seems to work for us, but I can also appreciate the simplicity of “Yield to the car on the right.”

Lee

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2008 at 12:01 am

Right now my pet peeve is the pharmacy putting my meds in bottles with child proof caps. On a good day my hands almost work, but on a bad day…

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Sorry Jim, i know its not funny at the time, but I just couldnt resist a little giggle.

Lee, Until I saw your last post, I had forgotton how much I missed your very special gift, that of eloquence. Thank you!

• Anonymous
      March 9, 2008 at 6:02 am

Those scum-sucking pig-dogs that have the nerve to get mad at me for writing on their car windows in lipstick “the yellow lines next to handicapped parking means this is not a legal parking space, you idiot”. I think a car wash is cheaper than a ticket but they never seem to agree with me… 😀

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Dear Julie:

“Those scum-sucking pig dogs…”? You know you shouldn’t hold things in like that and let them fester inside of you. It is unhealthy to suppress your emotions. Tell us how you [I]really[/I] feel about it.

Anyways, I agree with you, only I hate it when I see those scofflaws parking illegaly in handicapped parking and I forgot to bring my lipstick.

How come they have 400 names for red lipstick, names like bright passion, cherry, or cinnamon, and there are only really three shades of red lipstick? The shades are dark red, red, and light red.

Lee

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2008 at 11:55 pm

[COLOR=”Red”]”400 names for red lipstick”[/COLOR] is believed to play into a woman’s desire to choose a shade that makes them feel unique. Dumb idea.

However, this does introduce an opportunity to express one of my own pet peeves regarding lipstick. [FONT=”Verdana[COLOR=”Blue”]”]Why does a manufacturer, be it Clinique or Cover Girl, produce a shade of lipstick that becomes immensely popular then suddenly discontinue it? [/FONT][/COLOR] On behalf of all women that have scoured the shelves looking for that shade that makes them feel [U]unique[/U], only to come up empty-handed, I cry, “Aarrgghh!”.

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2008 at 7:28 am

With my CIDP, I need more energy to overcome this incessant fatigue.

A while back, friends of mine and I were talking about what exactly happens to the caffeine after they take it out of the coffee, tea or pop/soda/coke (or whatever you call it!) I have been looking all over our supermarkets for bottles of this extracted caffeine to add to my healthy water for that extra boost of energy I desperately need.:rolleyes:

My peeve is that I can’t find it anywhere! I’m sure they sell it, because I see it as an ingredient in products like Mountain Dew and other legally drugged products. Plus, some of my students in my classes must have found caffeine in a bottle. They seem to eat it by the truckload! Maybe it’s only available to kids! 😀

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2008 at 8:14 am

Wow…………what a thread you have started here, Lee!! And, I agree with Ali….I almost forgot how inspirational and eloquent your “posts” are 🙂

Anyway, Jim, I totally agree with you inre. the lids on the prescription med. I also have a hard time getting them off if they are childproof……….good grief!@!!

Take care all!!!

Per

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2008 at 9:53 am

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]Hey Jim I”ll agree with you about getting the caps off bottles, with this neuropathy I have a hard time getting a lot of bottles open. I just can’t get a good grip on anything anymore. 😉 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2008 at 12:13 am

Mine is when people wait in line to cash a check for 5 minutes doing nothing until they get to the teller.

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2008 at 1:02 am

Mine is when I find my FRIEND put me in here!!!!

Yes, Dawn I do check postings every so offen.

Love you anyway,
      Cindy:p

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 2:43 pm

I hate over packaging…don’t you hate when you buy a kids toy and it takes your hours to remove all those little twist ties and bands they put on things to keep them secure? The kid is bored and off doing something else by the time you finish setting the toy free!!!

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 4:31 pm

ANNOYING PHONE CALLS, or you can call them telemarketing or spam/junk mail phone calls. I am getting so angry at one company that calls me six to eight times a day. No wonder I don’t like the telephone anymore.

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Liz ~ register your phone numbers, land line and cell, at:

[url]www.donotcall.gov[/url]

I get maybe 1 call a week on the land line and so far (knock on wood) none on my cell. Once you have registered it is illegal for your number to be called by “regular” businesses. The web site will give you all the details. Here’s to a quieter home 🙂

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2008 at 12:01 am

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Here’s another pet peeve of mine regarding bills received via mail….the “junk mail” in the envelope with my bill. Gas companies and stores such as Dillard’s and Macy’s are among the worst. Everything from privacy statements to sales ads and perfume samples! My son puts them back in the envelope with his check when he pays the bill. He says, “Let them throw away their own materials”. [/FONT] Not a bad idea!

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2008 at 7:59 am

i agree with the twist ties on the toys…and some of them are even screwed in to the boxes.

I also hate co workers that tell me how many health problems I have had at such a young age. People PRETEND to care but really they are just being nosey.

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2008 at 11:07 am

I hate the mail inserts too and I do mail them back to the company with my cheque! But to add to that, I also hate the inserts in magazines. It’s bad enough that half the mag is full of advertisements but then they add in all that extra paper….PLS…save a tree and my sanity!

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2008 at 4:45 pm

I just hate when dentists cram your mouth with all kinds of tools and then they don’t even ask you a single question even though I’ve been practicing all year long.

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2008 at 5:37 pm

[SIZE=”4″][COLOR=”Blue”]What really yanks my chain this time of year are the students who have slept through all the classes, never handed in an assignment and have an F so far for the year. Suddenly they want to know what they can do to pass the course for they year. The only thing worse is their parents who expect me to come up with some miracle so there child can pass.[After all, I don’t want to damage their child’s self esteem, do I?] Where where they for the first 3/4 of the school year?

Thank goodness, I have less then a handful that fall into this category. The only thing that worries me is they might go into politics, since they can not do anything else[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2008 at 1:34 am

Gas prices are to high based on profits of the Gas Commpanies! A profit Intake minus all expense. Interesting match highest ever prices and highest ever profits.

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2008 at 10:16 am

I don’t get it. Why wash your hair in a nice scented shampoo and bath in all the nice bath products that make your body smell soooooo good, only to get dressed in clothes that are over powered by the smell of fabric softener.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Insurance programs that do not give us the coverage we need to stay well/get well….do they not realize that by not funding our health care now that in the long run it will cost them more money? A huge “DUH” to them all!!!

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Pet Peeve number ???:

When talking to and asking questions of my patient, the person accompanying the patient does all the talking! As a nurse, I have several reasons for wanting my patient to do the talking (establishing mental status, orientation, speech or dysphagia difficulty, etc). I always feel like the bad guy to have to ask the talker to allow the patient to speak for themselves. (I’m aware that there are some people that cannot speak but that’s rare).

Have you ever noticed this same occurence between some husbands and wives? There’s always one poor soul that can’t get a word in edge-wise.

• April 3, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Guilty as charged, I do the talking at Kevin’s appointments. My brain and mouth just will not shut off! I am getting better though, I took the que from the doc one day when he said “I want to see how Kevin feels, not how you think he feels” So now I kind of shut up!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      April 3, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Hi, Dawn!

I’ve been a Pedi nurse too and what you do for Kevin at the doc is normal and expected to a large degree. Don’t feel bad about that! However, the doc may want to hear from Kevie to evaluate his “mindset” and attitude about living with CIDP. You’re a great mom and advocate for Kevin…keep it up!

Blessings!
      Carla

• April 5, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Guardasil Commercials
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2008 at 10:52 am

Any dumb ad…Head On, Pepto Bismal,….how silly do they think the buying public are?

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2008 at 11:18 pm

Any commercial for feminine hygiene products.

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2008 at 1:08 am

My Pet peeve of today is the high price of drugs invened here but sell for less in other countries.

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2008 at 9:17 pm

I had to bring this thread up again. I am on the road this week staying in hotels and it drives me crazy 😮 😮 when hotels promote environmental friendliness and ask you to reuse your towels. They tell you if you hang them up they will not change them and if you wanted them changed to throw them in the tub or on the floor. So…I have been hanging my towels up thinking I would use them again the next day but when I get back to my room, all the towels are changed. 😡

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2008 at 11:35 am

Since this was brought up, another peeve for me is TOILET PAPER. It can be so frustrating GRRRRRRRRRR to get the paper to start rolling. I think I’ll keep a knife in the bathroom so I can rip it apart.

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2008 at 12:47 pm

Certain fast food places have napkins that make you feel like you are cleaning your mouth with a piece of newspaper.

• Anonymous
      September 21, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Drivers that don’t yeild the right of way.

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 3:40 am

My pet peeve is the all day telephone ringing and when you go to answer it, it’s those darn sales people constantly trying to get you to spend money. Every single day I bet I get at least 14 calls and they are all sales people. One has a ship blowing in my ear when I answer it and it blows my ear out everytime. Can’t say anything to anybody because it’s a recording. Then you get the jerk salesman that won’t take no for an answer and you end up fighting on the phone to someone you don’t even know.

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 8:15 am

Linda, put yourself on the do not call list.

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 8:29 am

Linda, the do not call list does work. We put ourselves on it over 5 years ago. This summer we started getting calls every day. When I checked the do not call list # I had wrote down in address book, I had made a note that you have to register every 5 years on the do not call list. Our 5 years had expired is why we started getting calls again. When I reregistered the phone calls stopped again.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I hate it when my opera cape gets caught on the junk of homeless people.

People on fire. They always ask you for favors even though you have never been formerly introduced.

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2011 at 9:06 am

Taking my 2 heavy Christmas boxes (15 lbs. each) on my rollator to the freight location at my local Home Hardware to be weighed and sent. And the guy suddenly develops an attitude problem, refuses to process my freight, says he can’t find his ‘bus bills’ (though I just talked with him on the phone, and he said to bring them in immediately), wants me to come back in 3 hours to finish processing the parcels, but takes them to the back to weigh them, then ‘accidentally’ flips one of the 15 lbs boxes off the weighing scale onto the floor (hey, those are my breakable Christmas presents in there, you!), no apology. Then after I come back from an hour of wandering around downtown, cold and exhausted, hardly able to walk, he finally agrees to tally the cost on an ordinary cash register receipt, which takes him 30 minutes to process, while I wait sitting in my rollator, then standing at the counter, then he wanders off, still with an attitude of some kind.
      I paid $45 for freight costs, got terrible customer service and no courtesy! 😡

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Other pet peeves:

When my parcels didn’t arrive for 6 weeks, far too late for Christmas.

Welch’s grapejuice bottlecap seals…I can only open them with a rubber pad, as well as a hand-wrenching, wrist-wrenching experience which always causes me extreme pain.

• July 4, 2018 at 5:22 am

Sorry… but I find it annoying when people stare at me in my wheelchair! My hubby hates when people that are able to walk with ease park in the handicap spaces! If I stay in the car he will not park in the handicap parking!